Chapter 3

Something Veronica noticed about the gems over time was that they weren't horrible monsters or freaks, they were just as human as she was, albeit with oddly colored skin and a gem somewhere on their body. The way Matte Green Pearl and Nephrite played tag with Sharena reminded Veronica of herself when she was younger. Sunstone and Moonstone were pestering Alfonse with questions while Snow Quartz could have a discussion with Bruno. As for her? No one really caught her eye. Sure Gray Diamond came and checked on her here and there but no one was like 'friends now' to her. 

One morning, the white haired girl went downstairs one morning for breakfast like she always did when there was something off about the dining hall, and it wasn't Gray Diamond shoving twenty chocolate chip pancakes in her mouth at once. There were three new gems. One female, two male. The female had pale green skin with dark green markings on her, green hair and eyes, and was wearing a teal tunic of some kind with her gem being on her right bicep. The more buff male was of a blue color, had blue hair and eyes and was wearing black general's armor, with his gem replacing his nose. The other male was of a red color had reddish orange hair and blue eyes and his gem was in his chest like Obsidian's and Green Quartz's gem.

"Oho so this was the girl you were telling me about." The blue gem said as he noticed her.

"Blue Agate.... We talked about doing your oho...." Gray Diamond said after swallowing all the pancakes. "It freaks the humans out."

"It doesn't freak me out." Veronica replied.

"So I can do it around her. Champagne would never let me do it around anyone." He replied.

"Who's Champagne?" Alfonse asked as he walked into the room.

"Champagne Diamond. My brother." Gray Diamond explained.

"You have a brother?" The two humans asked.

"Two infact. And a sister." Matte Green Pearl said. "Red Diamond and Pale Blue Diamond. They rule our kingdom along side Champagne Diamond and Gray Diamond."

"That is until it came..." Gray muttered.

"What's it?" Uncle Feh asked as he walked in, his bathrobe still covered in cheeto dust. 

"We don't know. It started corrupting gems left and right like a parasite. My kingdom was the closest so it was mainly my people. My siblings loaned me some of the gems you see here and told me to flee while they held it off. I failed my people...." Gray Diamond was fighting back tears as she finished.

"I was originally one of Red Diamond's Pearls that served first hand. He sent me to go with her as a safety measure. There are more gems than us that made the journey, but we got seperated along the way." The red gem explained. 

"Me and Serpentine came from Champange." Blue Agate explained.

"Sunstone came from Red Diamond as well along with Blue Topaz and Moonstone came from Pale Blue Diamond." The red gem continued, seeing as those gems weren't in the room.

"So Nephrite, Snow, Obsidian, Matte and Green are from Gray's court?" Uncle Feh asked.

"Correct. My Sapphires, Black Star Sapphire, Red Sapphire and Yellow Sapphire along with one of my pearls, Matte Light Sapphire Pearl along with other gems called Ametrine, Pyrite, Tiger's Eye, Red Topaz, Gray Quartz, and Violet Sapphire were also supposed to be with us, but we've split up by accident." 

"That's a lot of mouths to feed." Alfonse said.

"Gems don't need to eat, we just like to in order to feel more human." Matte Green Pearl said.

"Speaking of humans... How do you guys go out in public? Aren't you worried that you'll be called freaks?" Veronica asked.

"We do this thing you humans do called cosplay in order to hide ourselves. Well mainly me and Matte Green since we're the ones that actually go out." Gray Diamond explained.