You're Important

"Erica,  the hell are we doing here?" Cyn demands as she stares warily at the building in front of her. The bold letters adorning the front of the building mocked her as its lights blinked on and off. Not but an hour ago, Cyn had been ready to pop open a bottle of Patron and enjoy the day to herself, but like always, Erica had different plans. The same Erica that had promised the day before, she would have the day off. It honestly was Cyn's fault for believing that Erica would actually allow her a break.

The night before had of course been traumatizing. She wanted nothing more than to drown her sorrows in alcohol maybe even a blunt or two. There was no need to worry about her actual 9 to 5 either seeing as she was forced to quit. Cyn wasn't able to manage both Jobs. Much to the annoyance of her co-workers, she would sometimes show up late or not at all. If she hadn't quit, she would have been fired sooner rather than later. Mary was definitely worried about her and even suggested Cyn just run away. To which Cyn had burst out laughing until tears filled her eyes. There was nowhere she could go that Erica wouldn't find her, and she still had her mom. So, the better played her position with Erica, the faster she could get back to her regular life. Plus, as much as she hated to admit it Erica did pay better. Her dreams of going back and finishing school with little to no debt leftover were looking brighter and brighter.

She was two glasses of Patron in when the knocking at her door started. She was going to ignore it because dammit she needed some alone time.But after a solid minute of straight knocking, Cyn walked to her door, fully preparing to cuss someone out. That is until she saw who was on the other side.

"Nice to see you too." Erica had said before pushing past Cyn into her home.

"What are you doing here Mena?"

"Get dressed we got shit to do." Cyn crossed her arms and stomped her foot like a child. "No bitch get the fuck out! You told me I could have today off." Erica sits on her couch, grabbing the freshly poured glass of Patron and taking a sip. "You could, go in your room like a big girl and get dressed or I could do it for you. Your choice." Erica says taking another sip. Cyn groans loudly but does as she's told because she's known Erica long enough to know she's not kidding.

Of course, Cyn tried to get some more detail out of the cryptic woman but all she got was, "That's for me to know and for you to find out."

Cyn pulled a light hoodie over her black sports bra and a pair of grey sweats on. Erica escorts her to the white Range parked on the street. Surprisingly, Erica took the driver's seat, and there were no guards in the car, or on the street at all.

 Surprisingly, Erica took the driver's seat, and there were no guards in the car, or on the street at all

"I gave them a day off since you're with me today," Erica had responded sensing Cyn's inner musings. Erica herself looked more casual than Cyn had ever seen her face was makeup free, her long hair was held back in a messy bun at the base of her neck and a black Ivy Park hat, adorned her head. She was wearing a pair of black and white athletic leggings, with a matching sports bra, and jacket.