Chapter 14 ~ Helping Phoebe

Chapter 14 ― Helping Phoebe

     “WIFEEEE!” Louis screamed as I was walking towards the hotel room I was sharing with Phebs and Belle. I turned around to see him running trying to catch up with us. I stopped and cocked my head waiting to know why he was calling me. “Come here and hug me before my girlfriend arrives!” He said next to us and pulling me into his arms. I automatically hugged him back but my eyes looked for Phebs who immediately seemed sad, her eyes glued on her shoes. Eleanor’s arriving meant Danielle’s as well, and that meant Phebs’ broken heart.

“Oh you unfaithful bastard! How can you come here to hug me when your girlfriend is about to arrive? I thought you loved me!” I protested dramatising and backing away from him.

“I do love you!” he insisted but I just shook my head. “I do!”

“If you loved me, you would sign the papers!” I reminded him laughing at myself for playing along with him. But I had to admit: it was more fun that way.

In that moment I saw the other lads in the hall laughing at our argument. My eyes met Niall and a little smile draw on my face.

“I’ll never let you go!” Lou promised hugging me again tighter and I almost choked.

“Harry, help!” I asked Harry as he was still my cuddle buddy that day. The curly-haired boy smiled getting closer to us and taking Louis in his arms so I could breathe again. “Thanks, mate,” I told him smiling and he winked at me.

“What are you going to do? We have the whole afternoon and night free,” Liam asked and I noticed how Phebs avoided his glance.

“Oh, I dunno. Probably we will watch some movie or we can go out. Just girls,” I added quickly before the boys would join us.

“Oh, good. Louis and I will go out with Danielle and Eleanor. I guess we’ll introduce them later to you, girls,” Liam added and I just wanted to pull Phebs into my arms because I knew she needed it.

“Oi! I thought today was my day with you. Are you dumping me?” Harry asked still holding Louis.

“Sorry, Harry, it’s a girls’ afternoon,” I apologised not really feeling it at all and he noticed it. I stuck my tongue out at him. “Guess we’ll meet them later, then,” I said and walked towards my friends. “See ya later, boys.”

We didn’t wait for an answer and made our way to our room. As I closed the door behind me, I threw my backpack to the floor and ran to hug Phebs, she held to me tightly burying her face in my shoulder. Belle came closer and hugged her as well. We knew how much she was suffering in that moment and the only thing we could do was be with her.

“Don’t worry. We won’t leave you alone, we’ll do a lot of things that will keep your mind so busy that you won’t have time to think of anything else!” I promised. “We can even go out and eat as much ice cream as you want!”

“Thanks, but I rather stay here,” she replied and I nodded.

“Okay, so let’s decide how we’re gonna start this afternoon without boys!” I also wanted to keep my mind as far away from boys –especially Niall– as possible. “Shall we sing karaoke? We haven’t done that in a long time! I know you don’t want me you kick your arses,” I commented sarcastically. I was terrible at singing, I could never hit the right note and I made all the dogs cry, but it was so fun because I acted like I was a superstar, dancing and things like that. Every time we sang karaoke we ended sore for laughing so much.

“It’s a great idea!” Belle supported and I run to my backpack to grab my macbook. I had this software, Ultrastar, with all the songs we liked to sing along to. Recently I even added some song from One Direction. As I connected my macbook to the telly and plugged in the speakers, I saw Phebs’ face was lighting up and that only made me smile as well.