1

jihun was watching TV with heejun in their small living room but the boy's attention was elsewhere. heejun was laughing and clapping his hands as he watched the man on TV fall into the pool but jihun's eyes wandered to and fro the hallway that led to their rooms.

not being able to take it anymore, jihun stood up earning a questioning glance from the maknae.

"oh, i'm just uh hungry"

heejun nodded as he averted his attention back to where it belonged.

jihun sighed in relief as he headed towards seungjun's room. food was always the solution to getting seungjun's attention and it had never failed in luring seungjun out of his room. in all honesty, jihun was never really hungry for food, he was just hungry for seungjun's attention, presence and love.

knocking on seungjun's door quietly, jihun waited for a reply and when there was none, a small frown appeared on his face. jihun slowly slid seungjun's door open and his frown deepened as the room was dark and only illuminated by a lone lamp on the desk. however, there was nobody in the room.

"what are you doing?"

a deep voice sent shivers down jihun's spine and he turned around to come face to face with youjin.

"ah nothing. i was just hungry and wanted to see if seungjun wanted to eat with me"

"seungjun went to the practice room so he's not here"

jihun's eyes widened a little in shock.

"practice room? at this hour?"

it was nearly 10PM and jihun was surprised that seungjun was still practising. 

"yeah. he's with inseong. they went out like an hour ago."

jihun gulped as soon as he heard the word 'inseong'. he stared into youjin's still eyes before muttering something about going to see what they were doing. youjin just gave a small nod before he moved to their shared bedroom, in hopes to fall asleep before the rowdy maknae line would come in.

jihun was now walking towards their practice room. he regretted not thinking anything through or bringing a jacket because the air was chilly. the walk was not far and each step only boiled something in jihun.

when the YNB building came into sight, jihun abruptly stopped. 'what am i even doing right now? what am i doing here? who am i to even barge in on them?'

an array of thoughts ran through jihun's mind. the boy had come to acknowledge the fact that he indeed liked seungjun more than a member or even friend. but he had also promised himself that he would never do anything to sabotage the group. that meant keeping his feelings to himself to avoid awkward situations and the breaking of their teamwork. it was his job as the leader to keep the group in harmony and that was why he had kept his feelings secret for almost 2 years.

'argh stuff it' jihun thought as he rushed forward, pushing the door open to the building. he walked to their practice room, 'i'm the leader so i should at least know what they are doing, gotta make sure they're safe too'. jihun nodded to himself as he pushed open the door.

as soon as he entered, jihun heard loud giggles and laughter coming from both boys. his heart hurt a little as he advanced forward, seungjun and inseong hadn't even registered his presence. 

noticing a shadow, inseong immediately turned his head to see their leader walking towards them.

"oh, jihun! what are you doing here?"

jihun scratched his head and gave a weak smile as both inseong and seungjun were staring at him in surprise.

"ah, i was hungry and youjin told me you guys were here, so... you know, wanted to eat together"