[6] Gally

You and Gally are in a relationship

-/-

You didn't condone Gally's anger issues. You had never been able to. There were times where you tried to shrug it off because sometimes he just messed with people for fun. But he was doing it too often now. So when he got in a fight with someone again, you had enough of it.

"Gally," you sighed disappointed, "I just asked you to do one single thing; don't get into fight anymore. There is no need for them. You get riled up way too quickly." You didn't want him to see your emotion, the tears brimming in your eyes, so you turned around.

"It wasn't my fault!" Gally exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air. How could you ask such a thing from him? Not getting into a fight wasn't as easy as you made it sound. A vein started to pop out of his neck.

"Oh, funny how it's never your fault." The tears in your eyes were replaced with a harsh look. It was directed at your boyfriend or well- ex-boyfriend. "Typical Gally."

"Because it isn't my fault! I don't have rules laid out for you that you have to follow. That shucking kid I warned you about and told you to stay away from? Ah, yeah he kissed you," Gally let out a humourless chuckle, "and you came running back to me when it happened like I didn't warn you."

"How could I have known?"

"I shucking warned you!"

Heads started to turn to you and Gally. It wasn't weird to see the two of you fighting but it had never been this bad. Someone alerted Alby about the situation before the verbal fight would escalate and turn into a physical fight as well.

"So, now I'm to blame?" You said, voice filled with disbelieve.

"Yes, you're to blame. Because you never know what's really going on. You're never there when it happens, but you never fail to always blame it on me. Every single fight is my fault in your eyes." Gally had enough of it. "But that's just "typical [your name]" isn't it?" He said using your own words against you before storming off.

You were left alone with all the prying eyes. You held your head high and continued your job of cooking. Frypan looked up when you came into the kitchen not expecting you after everything he heard from the Gladers.

"You alright?"

"Yes. Maybe. No." You sighed, slumping down on a seat.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Yes." And everything just started pouring out of you. All the trouble you and Gally had in your relationship.

"I don't wanna be too much in Gally's favour, but every single fight Gally initiated was because of you. Some boys say some nasty shit. He's only protecting you. I — in no way — want to justify his behaviour, but man those boys are crazy. Sometimes even I want to beat them up."

You looked up with ready red eyes. "Really?"

"Yes, they are perverts on the next level. Just try to talk to him, calmly."

You nodded. "Will do."

___

That night at the bonfire you were wearing one of Gally's big hoodies with the hood on. You still didn't gather the courage to go talk to him. So, you just watch all the boy have fun. When in the corner of your eye you saw a crowd starting to form.

You blended into the crowd keeping yourself lowkey. In the middle of it, you saw Thomas and Gally.

"So, now that little girl of yours is single we can all have a piece?" Thomas taunted.

Gally clenched his fist. "Don't talk about her like that."

"Was her pussy any good?" Thomas just continued.

"Don't talk about her like that." Gally's face was getting red of anger. Every muscle was ready to pounce into Thomas and make him feel why he shouldn't talk about you like that.

"Why would the creators send a girl if she wasn't for us to fuck? Why do you deserve to keep her for yourself?" Thomas chuckled, challenging Gally with each word he said.

And that was enough for Gally. He hit Thomas with his fist, enjoying the sting on his right hand. Thomas collapsed into the sand. Gally wanted to kick him but thought about what you would think. He crouched down. "Respect her if you don't want to die." With those words, he pushed Thomas's face into the sand.

You pushed your way to the front and ran right into Gally's arms. He snaked his arms around your waist and closed his eyes, leaning his chin on top of your head. "I'm sorry for doubting you," you spoke softly.

"It's alright, babygirl," he whispered and kissed the top of your head. "It's alright. I'm sorry for what I said."

***

in what year did you first read the maze runner?