A Spectator To My Own Actions

Start from the beginning

What was he doing? I hated not knowing. I was scared to know but I couldn't help but be worried for Lance. I knew the demon knew everything I thought, and I was terrified thinking that he could hurt the one person that mattered to me. If he killed Lance, I don't know what I would do. I know nothing would hold me back from killing myself and saving myself of all the pain.

"I figured if I broke your spirit you'd be easier to control. Your will is very strong which makes it hard to move your body with demonic prowess. So I'm going to kill, or at least extremely hurt, Lance. Excited?" So many thoughts ran through my mind. My worst fear had come true and I had no control to stop it, almost. I was terrified of what would happen to Lance, yet I was curious about my will. I didn't know what he meant. Did he mean I just need will to regain my control? I was really mad he'd even want to hurt Lance, and I really wanted to kill the demon.

While thinking, I wasn't paying attention to where my body was going, until I saw Lance walking toward my body, my room just several doors down. All I could think was: No Lance, turn away and run! But none of it was said. Lance looked as happy as he always did, but yet he looked confused about where I was going.

I felt so bad for Lance. He wouldn't suspect anything, until my body through the first blow, giving the demon the advantage. I knew Lance wouldn't lay a finger on my body and he would just take a beating, even to the death. I really didn't want him to, I would rather him kill me first, but I knew that he wouldn't kill my body, whether I was in control or not, and I knew he probably wouldn't win.

Lance was about to say something but before he had a chance to my arm reached out and grabbed Lance's neck, silencing him. He mouth was still open and he seemed almost frozen. Just by that Lance had already lost. I could see the fear in his eyes, but confusion I didn't see, which actually made me confused. My body walked past him and, pulling Lance behind him, rampaged into my room. Lance was thrown onto my bed and punched in the face. His nose bleeding, he shouted, "Leeon, what are you doing?!"

After punching Lance in the gut, my mouth said, "Leeon isn't here anymore. Say hello to the new and definitely improved Leeon!"

I was enraged. I was so mad that he could hurt Lance and what he said; it just angered me to the core. I was shouting at the demon in my head, telling him to stop or I would find a way to destroy him.

"You fool! You can't destroy me. Try all you want, Lance will be dead before you do anything," the demon's voice said in my head.

You kill Lance and I will kill myself. Then you can't do anything else. I will stop you somehow, I will! I wasn't bluffing, and seeing as the demon could hear my thoughts, he knew I wasn't.

"Hah! You won't have the guts to do it, and I won't give you the chance. I will kill Lance." The entire time we were thinking, my body had been hitting Lance who was covered in blood.

I was so angry I felt like I could grab the fiery pain. It felt like I was squeezing it into a little ball as I regained control and suppressed the demon. It was like my anger and fear grew into a handle on the fire, or water, slowly being poured over the fire to put it out once and for all, however I wasn't positive it would be the last time.

At first I got control of my legs and ran out of the room, distancing myself from Lance. As I regained complete control I realized that to suppress him all I have to do is use anger as a handle. It was a weird feeling, but it made me feel strong and powerful.

I quickly ran back to my room, no longer having to hold in the fire inside, and saw Lance stumbling onto his feel. "Lance, I'm so sorry, it's me now. I can't believe it did this," I said as I helped him onto his feet. We sat back down on the bed, my arm wrapped around him for support, as he leaned into my lap, holding his left rib.