"No."

"Not really, no." Bilbo sighed and scratched his head nervously.

"May I suggest, that when they return, we listen to their wants and requests with a more level head?" Balin suddenly appeared, Thorin looked at him slightly despairingly. He was joining in too? "We've all had rest, space, and time to think. I do not think it would be a bad thing to do." He looked to the four who still surrounded Thorin and frowned lightly. "It's a more sound suggestion than what these lot came up with."

"Hey!" Fíli exclaimed. "It's not easy coming up with a plan when it keeps getting contradicted."

"I already said it's not my fault! I don't know what to do in a situation like this!" Náriel exclaimed exasperated and frowned over Thorin's shoulder at the light haired dwarf behind him.

"No, true, you bought that up a few times." Kíli mumbled again and got a look shot at him by Náriel this time. He just sighed and hung his head, perhaps he should just stay silent? He didn't like getting glared at.

"At least I bought something up." Náriel mumbled.

"Excuse me for not being tactical at this point in time. But I'm still healing," Kíli frowned.

"You didn't need to be involved..." Bilbo whispered awkwardly.

"And get left behind again?" Kíli asked curiously.

"You know we never wanted to leave you behind in the first place." Balin suddenly said, cutting this little squabble off before it could escalate.

"Nor did we wish to leave you when trying to help Lake-town." Fíli said from Kíli's side.

Against his better judgement, Thorin laughed. The rather petty argument which was happening around him got cut short. "Honestly," he said heavily and put a hand to his head. Sighing heavily, he shut his eyes and opened them slowly. Exhaling again, he turned so he had the four as well as Balin in his line of vision. "I am suddenly lost for words. I don't know where to start. Your timing could have been better, out of all times to break down and bicker." Thorin paused, "Or your persuasion attempt on a whole." There were sighs then and shoulders slumping. Their little, whatever it was, hadn't had any effect.

Náriel tentatively stepped forwards and put her hands on his shoulders. "I implore you to listen to them with a level head. As Balin said, we've had time to ponder over everything. Don't give me that look, Thorin! I am aware that I am repeating myself, but you must understand I am doing so because I care and because you are so darn stubborn! Nothing seems to go in and register!" Náriel rolled her eyes and shook him, Thorin's expression darkened as he was slightly forced to sway. Sighing she hung her head, "Gandalf was right when he cursed dwarves and stubbornness." She said quietly while frowning and looking up at him, removing her hands she crossed her arms.

"They're back!" Ori shouted from the barricade. Everyone seemed to snap to attention then. Thorin moved past the five which surrounded him and moved forwards. Náriel moved forwards slowly with Bilbo by her side. Walking slowly up the barricade, they could see the banners fluttering in the breeze which had appeared.

"In the name of Esgaroth and the Forest," a man exclaimed as he stepped forwards. "We wish to speak to Thorin, Thráin's son, Oakenshield, calling himself King Under the Mountain. We bid him consider the words which were spoken earlier or be declared our foe." The man paused to gather his breath back, he did after all say that in a loud voice all at once. "One twelfth of the treasure is the least he could spare and give to Bard, as he is the dragon slayer and the heir of Girion. From that portion Bard will contribute to the aid of Esgaroth, but if Thorin would have the friendship and honour of his neighbouring lands, as his kin of old, then he will give also some of his own for the comfort of the men of the Lake."