Chapter two: Starting It Out

Dear Edward,

Jake and I found out two weeks ago that I am pregnant. I'm around three months now. I'm excited. I mean, neither of us planned on a honeymoon baby, but it wasn't as if we weren't planning to have a family in a few years anyway.

I know Renee is worried that I'm just repeating her and Charlie's mistakes, but I'm not. I love Jake and he loves me.

I actually squealed when I crossed having a family with Jake off my list. Me!

As Always, Love Bella.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lizzie

~*~*~*~*~*~*

I had decided that I would do the simpler things on my mom's list first. The skydiving had been what I had started with. It had taken me a few weeks to set up, but I had finally completed the first thing on the list I had set out to do on my Mom's list.

It had taken a few weeks to set up, but I had finally completed the first thing I had set out to do on my mom's list. Grandpa Billy and Grandpa Charlie had waited below for me as I had jumped. I had even persuaded Aunt Kim and Uncle Jared to do it with me. The rush of adrenaline that had spread through my veins as I had fallen thousands of feet was amazing. I could understand why my mom had wanted to skydive. It made me feel so free and the sense of uninhibitedness as I did it for my mom was amazing.

I also felt a sense of accomplishment, as I knew how proud my parents would have been of me had they still been alive. The sadness that accompanied those thoughts brought me to tears as I hugged both of my grandfathers after I landed. Had my sisters and brother been alive they would have been the ones to jump with me, not Aunt Kim and Uncle Jared.

It wasn't until a few days after that that I finally fully understood why my mom had wanted to go skydiving. She had wanted to feel alive, and honestly, who wouldn't? My mother had always been an adrenaline junky, and now I had no doubt she had wanted to skydive to feel alive and free.

After skydiving I had gotten on one of my bikes (my favourite one) and driven it up to Grandpa Charlie's house. Of course, he knows about my obsession with bikes, but we sort of had an agreement. I didn't crash on a bike and hurt myself and I made sure that he never actually saw me riding one. As long as I kept to those terms he wouldn't freak out and go 12 kinds of crazy on me.

Unfortunately, I had to break our agreement to complete Moms list. The moment he saw me on what he called a "death trap", his jaw dropped and his eyes bulged. I had gulped, as I had known exactly what his reaction would be, having witnessed it in the past. However, even as I sat there straddling my bike in the driveway of my grandfather's house waiting for his temper to be set free, I could feel the adrenaline pulsing through my veins again. It felt just as amazing as the last time, even if this wasn't as risky.

"What on Earth do you think you're doing? I told you that I never wanted to see you on one of those death traps! They're dangerous and you have no protection if you crash! Your leg could get caught on it, and you could get dragged along! Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Because if you are, you're coming pretty close!"

And so his rant continued, for at (the very) least another half an hour. I stayed seated on my bike for this entire period of time, and though the adrenaline rush gradually faded, I felt alive, just as I had after skydiving.

After Charlie had finally finished his rant ending with the oh-so-familiar line of " so, what do you have to say for yourself, Missy?" I spoke for the first time.

"It was on Mom's list."

At my explanation, Grandpa Charlie let out the breath he had been holding, shook his head and walked inside his house while waving a hand back at me. I grinned before finally getting off my bike and following him inside.