Rather go blind

Finally after months of tedious preparation and rehearsals it was showtime. Doors flung open dramatically, choir started to sing , the orchestra started and we were ready to walk. Guests started to rise taking pictures. My dress was rather heavy but I seemed to like the floral lace detailing . The dress was perfect and it fit like a glove hugging my curves in the right places.

White roses filled the walkway and orchids where changing off the chairs on the aisle. Chair after chair separated with perfect precision as if someone used a ruler to make sure they were each 6 inches apart. Lights hung from the ceiling  making the room impeccable to the eye. There he was. He stood gallantly awaiting the arrival. The reflection from the crystals perfectly glistened on his face as if he was a goddess. He is a tall man with a medium-built body. 

As the distance away from us grew shorter, my face was hotter and i knew my face was red. Today was the day, the day everything changed. What happened in the past must be forgotten. As i approach him i take a deep breath and move to his right. 

Daniel was not looking anywhere else other than his bride to be. Face to face about to make the commitment of a lifetime. She held out her bouquet for me to hold as they continued their nuptials. You're just the bridesmaid Melissa, nothing else.  Everything was white from her flowers to her eyeliner. Seemed classy but plain not something Daniel would be into. I imagined this wedding to include at least on dash of color considering Daniel is quite an artist. He is articulate especially when he's painting. I remember when he drew me after we.. 

For goodness sake Melissa this is a wedding. His wedding. I practically grew up with Danny he was my brother, Carter's, best friend. Watching him get married affected my soul, he was my soul mate. At least that is what our matching necklaces from the beach say. 

"you may kiss the bride" 

Have i really been thinking about us for this long? i missed the whole reception. As their lips drew closer my face felt hot, my feelings were mixed. I was happy for him because my best friend was getting married but i was holding back tears that it made my throat ache from holding back. 

Did i really have to be here? why would she pick me to be her maid of honor? we weren't even that close.