12 - Every Rose Has A Thorn

Saturday night

I'm driving to Alexander's house. I still have stitches so I'm wearing a crown the empire band shirt with quarter sleeves.

"Oh. Hi. What's up?" Alex asked. He didn't open the door completely or even let me in. He just stood there with half his body hanging out of the doorway.

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you too." he said bluntly then came outside. "I want to break up."

The words cut me like a knife.

I felt like I suddenly couldn't breathe. Like I was on the verge of dying.My love for him is like a red rose

The thorns are as sharp as a knife just like those words he just spoke. And I'll bleed red until I've faded to white And there's nothing left of me but bones and drunken memories.

"Why?" I cried.

"You wouldn't get it."

"Please." I forced the words out through my sorrow and tears.

"I'm with Megan now. Go home."

"You bastard! I'm pregnant!" I pushed him hard enough to make him fall down and Megan came running over wearing his Alice Cooper shirt and her underwear. That's it!!! He just stared at me. Speechless. I ran off into my car unable to hold my tears. I drove around to the garden he used to pick roses from. When I got there every single rose was dead. I got out and walked over to the once red roses. There was one perfect red rose left.

I picked it up and a thorn pricked my finger. I drove back to Alexander's house. No one was outside anymore. I wrote a note that said "I'm not keeping it. Have fun with your slut." And laid it under the rose on top of his doorstep then drove home. As soon as i got home I called the hospital and scheduled an appointment for an abortion. After I laid on my bed and had flashbacks of all the times Alex was on this bed with me. I don't understand. He told me he doesn't love her. That he wants to marry me. I still have his stupid fucking ring on my finger.

"Jenna!" My dad called from down stairs.

"What!?" I shouted back. My voice was weak. I cried so much that my eyes were starting to swell up.

"Someone's here for you!"

I forced myself out of my bed and dragged myself down the stairs. When I got to the front door Allie was standing on my front porch.

"Uh. Hey. come in." I was confused but I didn't really care about anything anymore. I was just depressed .

"Oh no it's fine. Um are you okay though?" She said in a perky tone.

"I'm fine." I said wiping my face.

"I wanted to invite you to my end of the year party. It's next Friday at my house."

"Sure." I said quietly.

"Yay! Bring a bathing suit." She smiled and skipped off. god, I hate her..

-

Time was passing by so slowly. I was just sitting on my vanity looking into the mirror. What have I become? I went from dresses and heels to band shirts and converse. I used to curl my hair now I dye it different colors.

I used to be so happy. Now it seems that it's impossible for me to be happy. It's gotten to the point where I can't even fake it anymore.

-

Monday Afternoon

Megan was sitting at a table with the cheerleaders and jocks. Alex wasn't with her. I kept walking with my lunch tray towards the exit of the cafeteria.