"IRENE!!!! She can't swim!" Wendy shouted and ran wear Irene was pushed.

"We need to get her fast. There are sharks along with the fishes in the water." One of the zoo staff said. But soon before they know it, a figure came rushing and jumped into the water. It was Seulgi.

She dived into the water and saw Irene not moving. Seulgi swam quickly to Irene until she was able to get a hold of her but then she saw a figures coming their way.

'Damn! Sharks!' Seulgi thought to herself.

She swam up faster trying to avoid the sharks but an aggressive shark came and attacked Seulgi. She was able to dodge the shark for a few times but the shark went back again and tried to bite Irene but Seulgi blocked her arm and was bitten instead. The sharks has a strong grip on her arm  but she was able to break free after multiple times of struggling. She pushed herself to swim faster than she could and there they were able to reach the surface.

Some of the divers went in the water to prevent the sharks. Seulgi lifted Irene to the ground and pumped her chest despite her arm bleeding heavily to wake her up from drowning. She didn't need to do a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation because Irene woke up and coughed out the water.

Hours later

Irene's point of view

We were sitting inside a fancy restaurant. Wendy was sitting across us while me and Seulgi sat beside each other. Yes, Seulgi was eating with us but silent as always. The zoo company treated us to an expensive restaurant and even booked us two rooms to stay for the night

"I was glad that you were okay, Irene" Wendy said showing some concern to me.

"Me too" I replied to her while glancing at Seulgi who was just busy eating.

*Flashback few hours ago*

I remembered being pushed accidentally into the water. I don't know how to swim.. I struggled myself to swim up but failed but then I saw a figure coming my way but my vision went blurry and fainted because I was out of air.

I gain consciousness and sat up after coughing a lot of water. I saw Seulgi holding me and we're both soaked wet.  She looked at me while catching her breath. I knew that I drowned. I can see the other staff looking worried while watching me then a cold hand cupped my face and made me turn to her.

"Are you okay, Ms. Bae? Do you know who I am?" Seulgi shots some questions while panting. I nodded slowly. Then Seulgi suddenly hugged me tight.

"Y..your arm.." I saw her arm bleeding badly but she cut my words.

"Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself." Even in this situation she has a time to sound so cold while talking. I almost pushed her for ruining the mood but she said something that made my heart fluttered.

"I'm okay as long as you are" She whispered slowly while letting out a sigh of relief.

*End of flashback*

I swear my heart was beating fast upon hearing that from her. After that, the management bought us clothes to change with. I was wearing a loose black shirt and jeans and white shoes while Seulgi was wearing a loose white shirt and tattered black pants and white shoes.

"Oh by the way, you look good on casual clothes, Ms. Kang." Wendy complimented. That's true. She even looks young wearing casual clothes.

"Thank you" She smiled warmly to my manager. I felt irritation upon seeing it. She's giving a smile that easily and again not to me.

"Yah! why are you smiling at her that easily and not to me?!" I complained while slamming the table.

"How can I even smile to you when you can't even thank me for buying you a drink?" she countered while leaning on the table looking at me. I was speechless but not in her words but because she was staring at me with an upset face. It was cute.

"Ooh. So you're taking a grudge on me?!" I said not wanting to lose on her.

"No. I was stating a possible reason" She countered again. I was speechless because she was good at countering me. Wendy chuckled while looking at us. We turned to look at her and gave her a 'what' look.

"You make a good couple" she teased then laughed again.

At the hotel room

Seulgi was walking around the room while staring blankly in front of her. I'm sharing the room with her while Wendy will be staying on the room next to us. I want to interrupt her but she was so attractive looking all serious like that then I remembered what Wendy said earlier that we make a good couple. I chuckled at my thoughts. Seulgi turned to me upon hearing me.

"What is it?" she asked. I shook my head and looked at my book that's always with me.

"By the way, how old are you, Ms. Kang?" I asked out of curiosity 'cause she looks younger than me.

"Classified information. You can't ask information about my private life or background, remember?" She responded coldly.

"Oh come on! I never heard using age as a threat to someone's life?" I said sarcastically. She sighed on my statement.

"24.. I'm 24 years old. And why do you ask?" She said giving up to reason more. But before I could answer Seulgi, her phone rang. She immediately took it and stepped outside the room. She gestured and mouthed me to behave and not let anyone in that I don't know before going out.

Third person's point of view

Seulgi went out but the call was still choppy so she decided to step out of the hotel. She walked to the park across the street where the call became stable.

"Hello? Have you got any information?" Seulgi asked but after a few minutes..

*BOOOOOOM!*

A massive explosion occurred at the hotel behind Seulgi, the same hotel where Irene and Wendy are.

--END OF CHAPTER 9--

Don't forget to vote and comment😁