9. They are coming for us!

Start from the beginning

I strolled towards the kitchen to check Jason’s bags.

“Aha!” I said, catching Lau in front of the refrigerator. She had a yogurt in one hand and a banana in the other, “You need to stop eating my food when you come here,” I complained, placing the bags on the counter.

“No way! That’s a rule between best friends,” she explained, pushing the refrigerator close with her foot, “You shall share your food with your best friend’” she said dramatically, “I think it’s in the bible and all,”

I rolled my eyes, “Of course you would make up a commandment to keep destroying my fridge,”

She ignored me, finishing the yogurt and peeling the banana. I sighed, getting the snacks out of the bag. Jason walked in with a surprised expression on his face.

“You could have told me the twins were coming,” he said disapprovingly. His expression faded when he spotted Lau, “Hey,” he greeted, blushing slightly.

Lau frowned but let it slide.

Apparently, the banana she was eating was more interesting than us.

“It was an improvised thing. They’re nice, don’t worry,” I explained, finishing with the bags. However, Jason did not hear a word I said. How did I know? He was too busy gawking at the way Lau was eating the banana.

Let’s just say, my best friend ate bananas in a very inappropriate way.

“Lau!” I reprehended her. She looked at me, banana still half-way in her mouth.

“What?” she mumbled, “I like licking it before eating it,”

“Oh God,” Jason muttered, probably picturing a thousand things in his head.  I mentally slapped myself.

I pushed Jason out of the kitchen, “Come on, out now!”

“Did you see that?” he asked, struggling not to go, “she put the entire thing in her mouth without gagging. That’s a freaking awesome talent,”

“Go away!” I gave him the final push.

“Party pooper.” he pouted, going back to the living room.

I came back for the snacks, picking up a few bags of Ruffles and Cheetos.

I threw one bag of Doritos to Lau, “Let’s go, deep throat.”

Lau laughed out loud as she followed me. 

As soon as I walked back to the living room, my heart stopped beating.

Evan was sitting on the armrest of the couch Helen was sitting in. He was wearing worn out jeans and a black t-shirt that matched the tattoo on his neck. His hair was still  slightly damp. He had probably taken a shower. He was so hot.

“You so want Evan’s banana,” Lau teased, as she kept walking.

“Lau!” I turned tomato red.

“What? It’s true,” she shrugged.

I reached Evan and bent down to give him a peck. He smiled on my mouth.

“Hey, beautiful,” he greeted and I felt my knees going weak. I was about to introduce him to everyone but he saw my intentions, “Already met them. Helen introduced us,” he said, caressing my cheek gently.

We started finding a spot for everyone. Fortunately, my living room was big enough. Lau ended up sitting between the Sullivan’s twins in the main couch. Helen and Jason in one of the single couches, and Evan I in the other one.