6. Prison Visit

"You're telling me..." Jason, A.K.A. Quiver, sighed and looked down, head in hand. "You saw Purge?!" Jason slammed his hands down on the round table that resided in the middle of the Briefing Room. Jason looked down at the table, extremely frustrated, his hands still on it. "Why didn't you tell us this before?"

I practically exploded. "Dude, I'm sorry, but I've been under a lot of stress lately. First Flak kidnapping Olivia, then Grimm, and do you know where I just came from? I just had to take down Shadow by myself for the third time this year. I've almost died at least three times this week. I didn't know if I was seeing things or if Purge was really there."

"It's fine Jack, but you should have told us," Arc told me, wearing his common black suit and tie. He turned to Jason. "What's done is done, Jason. Let it go." He gave Jason a stern, but understanding glance.

Jason suddenly snapped at him. "We lost people last time he was around. You of all people should remember. I watched him kill Ronnie, Shane, Jasmine. I was there. Do you want to know what it was like? Our first mission after him, we had an emergency call about a powered maniac trying to drain energy from a power plant." Jason looked at me and Arc as he said this. "Ronnie, Shane, Jasmine, and me were called out there. You gave the order." Arc looked stung by those words. Jason then looked at me. "Jack, you may have known them by Streak, Gunslinger, and Wildfire." I gave him a cold look as he continued. "Within five minutes of the battle, he had killed Ronnie. Beat him to a pulp right in front of us. We couldn't stop him, he was too fast, too powerful. Then he grabbed Shane and drained the energy from his body. He absorbed his life force until there was nothing left. Next was Jasmine. She was lucky, one quick energy blast to the chest did her over. Purge fled like the sniveling coward he was, and I was left there, a broken arm, shattered knee, and down a few ribs. All of them are gone because of him, and others too. We've all seen what Purge can do. Remember Violet?" Jason glared at me. I'd never forget.

His words stung me like a potent poison. I knew he was right, and I couldn't deny it. We couldn't let Purge do anything to anyone. Not again. Arc grabbed Jason, who was unraveling more and more by the second.

"Stop." Arc was gripping the blue cloth of Jason's super-suit.

"No." I gave Jason a reassuring look. "He's right. We can't underestimate Purge if he's out there. If he is, he's planning something."

"I'll try to dig up anything I can find on Purge related sightings, but besides that we have nowhere to look," Arc replied, running his hand through his jet black hair.

"Do you think Grimm, Silverstream, Flak and The Kid teaming up might have any relation to Purge?" I added, searching any possible sources of info.

"Maybe," Jason replied. "I'll take Darkblade and Saber with me to find Silverstream, Flak, and The Kid. We'll rough them up and see what we can find." Jason immediately exited the room and began his mission.

"Good idea." Arc chimed in. "Jack, me and you are going to pay a little visit to Grimm and try to get something out of him."

"I guess. I doubt he'll talk though." I replied, crossing my arms. We had no definite leads, yet a definite problem. I decided to check up on Olivia before Arc and I left to head to the Meta Prison.

It had been a few days since I had seen or even talked to Olivia and I missed her to death. She had helped me cope with Violet's death, stayed by my side for more than a year, and became the most important person in my life. I loved her. This thought raced through my mind as I thought up every possibility of Purge's plan if he was back for real. I thought up every scenario where I fail, and everyone I love dies. Olivia included. I wouldn't have it, I wouldn't lose anyone else to Purge. Not again.