Brook waited for Naomi to defend Connor, she waited for an explanation. But one never came because Naomi knew she was right, and as horrible as it was Brooklynn had only spoke the painful truth that all of them wanted to avoid.

"We do what we have to so we can survive." Naomi whispered, avoiding Brook's piercing stare. "And I am begging you to stay, we need you. Connor needs you, more than you know."

Naomi didn't know what else she could say, she didn't personally know Brook. She had known of her way before Brooklynn came, but she didn't know if Brooklynn was merciful or not.

Luckily for Naomi, Brooklynn was.

"I will stay, but Connor gets one more chance. One. And if he blows it then I am leaving, and you will never see me again." Brook threatened, watching as Naomi nodded eagerly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get some sleep."

Opening the door, Brook stepped into the room. She barely noticed closing the door behind her, and she went over to go change into more comfortable clothes.

In a matter of seconds she was laying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. She wondered what had happened to Connor to make him so cold and cruel. She had never met a monster that had threatened pups, and that really bothered Brooklynn.

She was bothered that she gave Connor a second chance thanks to Naomi, even though Brook knew he wouldn't change. She knew it could be a matter of hours before he blew it. And she was hoping he would so she could just return to her family.

On cue she heard her door open.

"Naomi what is-" Brooklynn started, but when she looked up she just saw Connor. "Ew," She mumbled. Connor brushed aside her insult and stared at her. He had left the dining hall shortly after Brook had after he received countless speculations about Brooklynn being his mate.

"Are you still mad?" Connor asked, watching Brooklynn roll her eyes.

"Are you still a power hungry dickwad?" She asked, nodding when she didn't hear Connor respond. "I'll take that as a yes then." She sat up, and leaned against the headrest.

"Why do you hate me?" Connor questioned, causing Brook to cast him a look of utter disbelief.

"Are you serious?" She laughed, and he nodded. Brooklynn stood up, and started walking over to him. "You're a murderer. You've killed so many packs and you don't even care. You took me from my old life which I was completely content with and you threw me into this shit hole. Then you proceed to threaten to kill everyone in my old pack. And you're asking why I hate you?" Brooklynn spit, her voice dripping with venom.

"Brooklynn, I won't ever go back on your ex-packs land again." Connor was trying to be patient, he really didn't want Brook to hate him.

"Yeah, and neither will I." Brooklynn was now standing right in front of him, her dark blue eyes glaring at him with such hate. "So fuck you."

Connor was taken back by her strong choice of words, and that brought out the alpha in him.

"What did you just say?" Connor growled, his wolf surfacing.

"I said," Brooklynn paused. "Fuck you." And for the second time today, she was being pinned against the wall.

Here we go again. She thought to herself, trying to remember if she had any disinfectant left. After all, he was death gripping her arm this time.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!" He shouted, bringing his face near hers. Brooklynn arched her eyebrows at the angry alpha in front of her.

"Oopsie, my bad." Brooklynn threw an innocent smile at Connor. "I guess I have to put this in simpler terms due to the fact that your brain is that of a third graders." Connor growled at his mate who was mocking him.

"Screw you, Alpha."

And then she punched him. Square in the jaw. And needless to say, that punch was indeed a jaw breaker.

He stumbled backwards, his eyes black and his wolf taking over.

"Woah now, you don't want to mess up your room." Brooklynn taunted, her wolf purring with delight.

"I'm going to mess up that pretty little face of yours," Connor snarled. Brook bursted out laughing, causing Connor to wonder if maybe a mental asylum would suit Brooklynn well.

"Oh babe, you're not touching my face,"  Brooklynn ordered. Another growl erupted from Connor's mouth and he swiped at her. Brooklynn caught his hand mid-swing and threw him across the bedroom.

He hit the wall with a loud thud.

She felt sorry for anyone who was trying to sleep, hopefully nobody would interrupt them though.

"How many times do I have to say this?" Brooklynn asked. "Do not freaking tell me what to do." She threw a kick to his stomach, but he grabbed her ankle and twisted it painfully.

"Son of a bitch!" Brooklynn cursed, looking down to see her ankle already swelling up. It didn't take a genius to tell that it was at least a sprain.

While Brooklynn was distracted by the pain in her foot, Connor had managed to get up. He delivered a forceful punch to her stomach, dropping her to the ground.

Brook groaned in pain, clutching her stomach. Connor glared down at her, watching her struggle to catch her breath. He saw her glance at her ankle which was twisted to the side and swollen. And as his wolf evaporated, Connor was left with an utterly nauseous and distraught feeling.

His mate, who always got up after a fight, wasn't getting up. She just stared off into space, a small tear escaping her eye. He tried to kneel down in front of her, hoping to comfort her, but she refused to look at him.

"Brook, let's get you to the doctor." Connor suggested, glancing down at her ankle which still wasn't showing any signs of healing.

"Just go," Brooklynn whispered.

"Brook-"

"Get out!" She snapped, finally turning to look at him. "You win, now leave." Connor had never felt so much guilt in his life, and in a matter of seconds one girl changed that.

"But your ankle..." He mumbled, but Brooklynn just held up a hand, refusing to even glance his way.

"I can fix it on my own, now please just get the hell out." Connor could tell that Brooklynn wanted nothing to do with him, and that hurt him. All he wanted was for someone to love him rather than hate him. Nobody understood him, nobody understood why he did the things he did.

He hoped that Brooklynn would be able to love him. And by the looks of it, Brooklynn might never feel that way.

So he left her room without another word, and went to go drink away his night.

Who's side are you on??