Chapter 3: Accommadations

Start from the beginning

"Watch over her Carla," Frank told her in begging tone. Like a mother who loves her daughter, Frank knew that Carla wasn't going to let anything happen to Rae and trusted her to the fullest.

"Don't have to ask," Carla says. "Its already taken care of."

"I'll call you later Carla," Frank said, cutting their conversation off.

Without another word, Carla hanged up the phone and cradled her head in the palm off her hands. She didn't want to come of to Frank as an ungrateful person. She was very thankful, but she was also glad to be home. Knowing that he looked down from where she came from hurt her but she couldn't let it show.

She thought that things would be different this come around, but it was clear. It never would be and she would never get that one chance.

Daisy came from outside and closed the French doors. It was becoming quiet chilly outside and she decide it was time to return inside. She heard his whispers and knew exactly who he was talking about and to whom. She wasn't dumb at all.

Remaining silent, she shot her husband a glare that she wished could cut through his flesh. "Are you hungry?" He questioned her

"No, my appetite is quite lost from the conversation you had on the phone," she held nothing back, but her stomach had a mind of its own.

"I was trying to contact Desiree and see how she was holding up," he answered, picking up the room service menus next to the room phone. "Knowing our daughter I know she's probably having a fit right now."

"Our daughter?"

Frank observed his wife and rose up. She was still beautiful to this day when he meet her over twenty-five years ago. Her coffee colored hair was down and flowing to her shoulders. He used to love running his fingers through. Twenty-four carat white gold diamond earrings shined bright in her ear, as did the white gold necklace to match.

She was dressed in a pair of Donna Karen slacks and a green blouse. Yea, she was beautiful on the outside, but on the inside, he lost taste in her. He just hoped their financial troubles would bring them together, but it was day one and it didn't seem to be going that way.

Strolling over to the cart, he took the crystal topper off the decanter and poured himself a glass of scotch. "Yes our daughter," he grumbled, annoyed. "Let's not start this today."

Daisy watched him bring the glass to his full lips and take a big gulp. "Don't you think it's a little too early for alcohol Frank," she argued.

"If you keep nagging to me I might as well drink the whole damn bottle Daisy," he retorted, taking another gulp and filling his glass back up.

"This is ridiculous," she stated. "I should go live with my mother until you figure this shit out."

A scowl displayed on his face. "Your mother?" Frank questioned her. "We're married Daisy! We're suppose to weather the storm together, not abort each other in our times of trouble."

"You caused this storm so you should be the one to fix it," she yelled. "I didn't ask for this!. I don't wanna be stuck in some hotel room, eating raw burgers and fries and watching basic cable. This isn't how my life is suppose to be."

"Do what you wanna do," he told her, walking back over to the door and reaching for the remote. "But if you leave don't come back through that door and expect me to welcome you with open arms. You married me, not my money."

At this point he couldn't worry about Daisy. and her decision to leave. He had bigger problems concerning his daughter.

He knew this day was coming soon and wanted to kill himself for wasting this long. It was his fault for spoiling Rae rotten. Those things he could admit and it made him feel like he failed her as a father. A father was suppose to teach his child the ins and outs about life. How tough it could be and if she happened to fall flat on her ass to get back up and try again. His late father did the same thing so why did Frank wait this long?