n i n e t e e n

2 years later

brennen stares at the half-filled bottle of beer in his hands as his mother's words ran through his head.

'when are you going to stop doing this to yourself brennen? it's been two whole years, it's time you move on.'

tears start filling his eyes, the eyes that once sparked with happiness all the time, but those days were long gone, for colby brock was his happiness and colby brock, he was gone.

the brunette chugs down the remaining liquid left in the bottle before setting it on the table that barely enough space from the amount of trash— mostly beer bottles and cans that brennen never bothered to clear.

" i miss him kobe! " brennen cries out as he looks down at his dog who just sat down silently, staring back at his owner.

he finds himself thinking of colby, again. he remembered the younger's face like it was yesterday when they last met. the little bieber hair cut that he loved so much, his distracting blue eyes that would shine under the sunlight and his unforgettable smile, that kid had the cutest smile that came along with the most adorable laugh that he could listen to for days, but he couldn't anymore, and that was what hurt him the most. he wished he treasured the younger even more back then, he wished he didn't take him for granted, maybe he didn't love him enough? maybe colby felt like they weren't working out? maybe colby left because of him, maybe, maybe all of this was his fault, or at least that's what he thought.

as he was about to open a second bottle of beer, he hears a knock coming from his door. the brunette hesitantly dragged himself towards it, he didn't really want anyone to see him in this state. brennen opens the door anyway, expecting to see his mother behind it. Instead, he's greeted by a person he wanted to see so desperately for long time.

colby brock.

the older began studying the latter. he still had the same justin bieber haircut that brennen couldn't help but smile at, his blue eyes sparkling under the sunlight and the same wide smile plastered on his face nothing really changed, except maybe he was slightly taller now

" i kept my promise. " the younger mumbled softly, his eyes starting to water.

brennen quickly engulf him into a tight hug and they just stay there, for what seemed like forever. but that was okay, the two wanted to take their time, cherish the moment while it lasted, for who knows, the last time they got the chance to see one another, they had to leave one another too.

finally, the couple unwraps themselves from one another and brennen looks at the younger, in his quivering voice, he says, " are you leaving me again? " he takes a small step back, he wasn't ready to get hurt again.

the younger brunette pulls brennen towards him and connect their lips together and it was then, brennen knew that his happiness was back and his happiness was staying.

as they pull away from the kiss, colby looks into the older's eyes and smiled softly.

" i would never. " the younger assures.

the two spent their night cuddled together in brennen's bed while they tried to catch up on one another's lives, after all two years was a long time, at least for the both of them, it was the longest two years of the lives, but all that didn't matter, for they were finally together, again, and that, that was all that mattered.

finally updated wtf im sorry i took so long! i had a major writer's block lmao but anw, thank you for reading this far, this is the last chapter and i hope the ending isn't too bad or what you weren't expecting, i might do a sequel to this but im not sure yet but for now, this is all i have left for this book! thank you for all the support you've given me, I'm honestly really grateful and I'm happy that there's people who actually enjoy my crappy writing and english lmaooo but yea thank you for everything tbh im so so grateful