1

My little finger twitched. Again.

This was the third time this week she was late, I can't understand what keeps her consistently tardy.

Maybe it's another suitor? Another twitch. One more and I might actually scowl.

I flipped the file in front of me and tried to re-assess its contents. It's unbelievable how quickly I get distracted when the image of he-him barely skims my thoughts. And now I was distracted by the thought of her distrac-

A loud thud sound followed by a very unlady-like curse resonated through the office.

As the room next to me filled in with a certain employee I really considered scowling. Not because I like the idea of showing emotions, but because this was the most appropriate time for my finger to twitch and instead all I wanted was to see a very particular secretary.

I clamped down on that thought hard, and just in time too. The second I flipped back to the intricate file on the queen's diary (which really didn't help with my thoughts), it walked in. I controlled myself, for once, and informed her of her inexcusable tardiness and its consequences. Yes, that should do it. She, per usual, shrugged it off and went back to work.

You're a goner.

Shut up!

The rest of that workday was uneventful by recent standards. I ordered for multiple files on the queen's emotional attachment to some German prince and was able to put the story together. All the while my infamous secretary made obnoxious comments and not uncommonly interrupted my train of thought. The issue is, I wasn't bothered by this at all! In fact, judging by the way my eyes tried to instinctively widen or my posture would try to lean forward (keyword: try), I would say I'm very interested in what it has to say.

But that's exactly the issue. Even now, when s-he has left me. Oh to hell with it, when she has left me, I still race after her. My mind buzzes about her to the point of inefficiency and unproductively. I need to stop this, but how?