Chapter One:

Chapter One:

*Smack*

Blood trickled down the side of my face.

*Smack*

The sound echoed around the concrete room, combined with my heavy breathing. I wouldn't tell them. I couldn't. And I wont.

The man yanked my hair, pulling me to my feet. "Where were you hiding?!" He shouted in my face.

I spat blood in his face for my answer and glared at him fiercely. This has been going on for hours... the same angry man... the same dingy room... the same inflicted pain.

"I'm going to ask you again little girl... how did you hide for seven years?"

Seven years? I thought to myself. I've been hiding, escaping, and running from these people for that long? Seven years is a long time... if only I made it longer...

"Speak..." He began, his voice trembling with anger, "when your spoken too." The man threw me into the solid concrete wall, a cold smile spreading across his face as I slid down the grimy wall, falling to a heap on the ground.

"Weak, pathetic, worthless piece of shit!" He seethed, kicking me repeatedly in the ribs. A sickening crack echoed through the empty room. Black dots danced in my vision. The enraged man loomed over me, becoming more and more hazy as the time continued. And once again, darkness consumed me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I peeled my eyes opened, the blurry outline of my jeans was below me. "O-ow..." I wheezed, trying to straighten my bended legs and stand when something held me back. "W-what?..." I questioned, finally lifting my pounding head to find a grimy wall ahead of me. It was smeared with the blood of the constant beatings before, smudged with dirt and soot from my ragged clothes.

I look behind the chair I was bind to. I was facing the large metal door that I learned earlier that it was locked. My hands were tied tightly to the chair's arms, starting with the wrists. then my fore arms, and finally just above my elbow. "Great...." I muttered under my breath and blew a piece of matted hair out of my face.

"Hello?!" I shouted to no one in particular.

"Hello?!" I yelled again, louder. I tried wriggling in the chair, to only find it bolted to the floor.

I wonder what they are going to try to do now... I thought to myself. How long have I been in here? I questioned to look around the room. I never really got to take in my surroundings till now. Usually what would happen is that the angry man would come and demand answer's, which I never gave. He would beat me till unconscious. Then the cycle would merely repeat itself.

The room consisted of four gray concrete walls and a door bolted and nailed shut with rusty nails, holding me prisoner. Other than the chair and myself the cell was empty. My neck felt sore from looking behind the chair at such a sharp angle for so long. The moment I turned back around I heard the ominous squeak of the door opening.

"Hello." A smooth voice said from behind me.

"Um.. hello?" I questioned turning around to face the unknown voice. I faced a man around my age, probably eighteen. He was tall, dressed with dark jeans and a plain white t-shirt. His black hair was tousled and his dark brown eyes stared into mine.

"What's your name, beautiful?" He asked, flashing a cheeky smile.

"Um... Julie... now, who are you and why am I tied up?" I questioned, ignoring the compliment and demanding answers.