Eyes Of the Framed

The storm rages on a pretty grim and depressing day in Louisville, Kentucky. For the past five years, numerous of reports telling about the murders of families or people. The murderers were loyal people that shouldn't be suspected of crimes. Authorities recently discovered about the criminals were forced to do missions of killings by some group of operators. A young girl's innocence was shattered by this event. Her name was Avery Nore and she was released from custody of Kentucky's mental ward, Kentucky Ward Institution, just to be found shot near the chest a day later. The poor girl is slowly recovering in a coma. Authorities pondered about the victims who were just like Avery and will to put the gang of cruel operators to justice.

My eyes adjusted to the light only to find myself in a room of white. My vision was blurry and my body felt groggy. I looked to my right side to see the heart monitor making a calm constant beeping. I wonder how I end up in the hospital? All I can remember is darkness that I saw for only God knows how long. I looked throughout my hospital room. Seats, cabinets, and a counter with a sink holding some needles. I heard the covers slide opened to reveal a girl with fiery hair and silver eyes. She was in some scrubs and I felt deja vu while looking intently at her. I felt like I met this woman before, haven't I?

"It's so shocking to see one girl that been through so much trouble then falling into despair once again." She says softly with a smile. "How's your chest?"

"Chest?" My eyes darted down to my chest. I didn't see anything nor feel anything. "I am confused." I informed.

The nurse walked over to me and pull down the collar part of my hospital gown. Bandages and a tube-like object was entering on my right side of my chest. I had wiring attached all over me. I also got a breathing tube inside and around my nose. "We had to perform an emergency operation because the bullet was still in you and you were slowly bleeding to death." She explains to me.

That's when the two officers dragged in. "We glad to see you awake, Ms. Nore." One of them said. They both had a visitor pass attached to their left side of their chest. "Officer Yuri" and "Officer Fisher" they both read.

"What's going on?" I demanded anxiously.

"It seems you have a lack of memory, let me refresh it for you." Officer Yuri says. "A person discovered your body in a ditch. You were shot to the left side of the heart and slowly dying."

Then a faint memory emerged. I was not in the ditch by the time when I was shot. I can hear the roar of the bullet before fading black. My vision was all a haze that I can only make it out that I was some sort of building and there was a tall faint old male looking in front of me. "I was not outside when I was shot." I explained. "More like in a building."

"Do you know someone that was in that building by the time you were shot, Ms. Nore?" Officer Fisher asks sternly. I can tell that there was seriousness in his voice.

"Yes, a man." I nodded and sighed heavily. "He was looking at me before everything faded black."

"She went to Hallson's house, Officer Fisher." Mother burst into the room making me jump unexpectedly and there was another male doctor arriving into the room as soon mother infiltrated.

"I know you were worried about your daughter, but please return back to the waiting room, she's in a middle of an interview with the police." The doctor told my mother.

"It's okay, Doctor Jameson." Officer Fisher told the doctor that commanded my mom. "She is having trouble regaining her memory anyway."

Doctor Jameson nodded and walked out the room leaving my mother to speak for me. My mom looked towards me with a smile. She glances back towards the two officers. "My daughter was going to speak to Mr. Hallson for closure of killing his daughter, Laura. He could possibly be one of the suspects." My mother explains.