Chapter 2-Second Chance At First Line

Start from the beginning

"Just make sure he doesn't play that game." He told her, "Or I will." 

******

Laken was pissed at her Scott. She wasn't mad mad at him, but she was upset. After Lacrosse practice, Jackson texted her telling her that he had a dislocated shoulder. When she got home, She found her brother talking to Scott, but ignored it and went to her room to get started on the load of homework she had before the game. 

"Laken, Derek threatened Scott and told him not to play. Scott tried to talk to Coach but he won't let Scott not play with him." Stiles told his sister as she worked on the problems for Chemistry. 

"Okay." She didn't look up. 

Stiles threw his hands up in the air before walking out of her bedroom. 

******

Scott threw his bike to the ground as he stood outside the old burned down Hale house that a portion of was still standing. 

"Derek!! Derek!!" He yelled pissed at the older werewolf. Derek stood on the porch, starring at Scott, "Stay away from here! She doesn't know anything!" Scott yelled again, trying to protect Allison. 

"Yeah? What if she does? You think your little buddy Stiles can google 'werewolf' and now you've got all the answers, is that it? You don't get it yet but I'm looking after you! Think about what can happen. You're on the field, the aggression take over and you shift in front of everyone! Your mom, all your friends." Derek took Scott's lacrosse stick from his bag. "And when they see you," He tears the net with his claws, "Everything falls apart." He finishes. 

Scott looked at the ground, and turned to leave before looking back at Derek, "One more thing." He glared at the older man, "Stay the hell away from Laken." And he left.

"Yeah, I can't do that Scott." Derek mumbled when he knew the beta was far enough away, "Even if I tried to, I couldn't." 

*****

Scott, Stiles and Laken sat in the Jeep parked outside of Derek's house, waiting for him to leave. Laken was dressed in shorts and a t-shirt that belonged to Jackson, ready to go to bed when Stiles and Scott busted threw her door, telling her that Scott smelt something at Derek's house when he had gone to see him earlier and he smelt something.  

Then they proceded to tell her that they went to the mourge where the other half of the body was at so Scott could smell it to see if it was the same and that's how they ended up where they were now. They watched as Derek got in his car and drove away, before they got out the jeep.

"Wait, something is different." Scott said as he sniffed around. 

"Different how?" The twins asked. 

"I don't know." Scott said, "Let's get this over with." Scott said as he began to dig a hole in the ground along with Stiles. 

"Why are you just standing there?" Stiles asked. 

"Because the two of you dragged me out here just before I was going to lay down. Secondly, this is Jackson's t-shirt and he would kill me if I got it dirty. So, the two of you are on your own." Laken shrugged.