(3.12) Anger Management

Começar do início

"What did you do?" She asked, her tone low. From behind her, the boy stood to his feet, smirking again as he stood in the doorway with his arms crossed together.

"Yes Klaus, what did you do to this poor innocent defenseless teenage girl?" Klaus sped behind Eden, coming to stand in the doorway and causing the boy to take a few steps back.

"You know it's funny how much a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat." He mused. Eden turned to face the cabin again, and almost had to hold back a gasp at the sight of what was in her fiancee's hand.

"The stake." Eden breathed out. Klaus paid her little mind though as his attention was currently trained on the barmaid who was scolding him about his anger. Eden frowned, wanting badly to say something, yet also not wanting to let either Klaus or Cami know that she was still very much jealous of their relationship.

"Yeah, that's right." The boy began to say, "You know you might want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. It does wonders for stuck up pillocks with anger issues." He taunted. Eden stepped next to Klaus, now becoming a little annoyed with the kid herself.

"Hey, you wanna keep that sharp tongue of yours, you might want to shut it and make sure that Davina is all right." She snapped. The boy smiled, nodding his head.

"Yes ma'am." He winked and Eden rolled her eyes. When Klaus caught the wink, he gripped the stake harder in his hand.

"I promised that I would not kill Davina, I said nothing of this insolent sod." Eden turned around, pushing Klaus away from the door and off the porch so that he was away from the humans. When they were a safe distance, Eden crossed her arms.

"I'm not even going to talk about why I'm here because now I'm curious as to why there is an unconscious teenage witch sitting in that house with some pretentious arrogant little boy and the barmaid. I'd also like to throw in the question of how the hell you got a hold of the white oak stake when last I checked, we couldn't find it." Klaus sighed, clearly not n the mood to explain things to her right now. Though he figured that if he could distract her with this problem then she would forget about whatever crazy reason she drove down here in the first place.

"Mikael was here." He admitted, which immediately put Eden on her guard. Not only did her future husband have problems with Mikael but he also tried to kill Eden and was responsible for the fact that Jana was a vampire.

"What happened?" The brunette asked.

"Davina had him under his control and I'm guessing when I knocked her out that she lost control of him and so he came after me." Eden raised an eyebrow.

"Skipping over the fact that you knocked Davina out, what happened with Mikael? Did you kill him again?" She questioned. Klaus shook his head, jerking his thumb back towards his SUV.

"He's in the trunk, with Papa Tunde's knife buried inside of him. I thought it better that he suffer for a while before I put him out of his misery for the last time." Eden was not a fan of this choice, but figured that it was not her place to decide what Klaus should do with his father so instead she just nodded.

"And he was the one in possession of the stake this entire time?" She continued. Klaus gave a nod, holding the stake up for Eden to see.

"You know you need to give that to me right?" Eden said, looking from the stake to Klaus' face of disbelief.

"Pray tell, why exactly would I do that?" He asked, and Eden gestured back towards the cabin.

"You knocked the little witch out, and now you're on the verge of killing her little boyfriend. When she wakes up and sees that you have possession of the stake, the first thing she's going to want to do is get it back." Klaus thought about it for a moment, clearly he did not want to part with the stake after not having it for so long but a part of him also knew that Eden was right. If there was a chance that the two witches could overpower him, he at least knew that they wouldn't be able to kill him if the stake wasn't near him.

"Fine." Klaus sighed out finally, begrudgingly handing the stake over to Eden. The brunette took the white oak stake from Klaus, grateful that he had listened to her.

"When we get home, we put this in a new hiding spot, and this time I might not be so inclined to let you know where seeing as one of your siblings is guarding my daughter, and my cousin is sired by the other one. Also, I might want to use it on you one day if you upset me enough." She said, her tone slightly playful. Klaus caught onto said tone, and released a small smirk.

"Well I don't think it's fair that you would leave me so helpless and defenseless to such a powerful creature like yourself." Eden rolled her eyes, and Klaus pulled the girl forward, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her to him so that their foreheads were touching. Eden, still very much angry about the events she had just witnessed earlier, was not yet ready to give into her fiancee's charm. She evaded his kiss, giggling slightly when she saw that he had grown frustrated with her rejecting his advances.

"Hey." Eden rolled her eyes, knowing exactly who the voice belonged to. She pulled away from Klaus, turning to face Cami.

"Yes?" She questioned.

"I don't mean to interrupt or anything, but Davina needs to get to a hospital." Eden cleared her throat, nodding her head and stepping out of Klaus' arms.

"I'll go get the car." Eden turned back to Klaus. "Don't kill anyone." She instructed. He rolled his eyes in response but Eden paid him no mind as she turned her back on both the human and the hybrid and walked towards the car. Gripping the stake tightly in her hand, she opened the door to the car and then heard the snap of a twig from behind her. Before she could turn around, she felt her head smack against the window and lost consciousness.