chap. 08

GREY

THE MALL IS closed. How completely, and utterly convenient. It was only when Max parked in the Marks and Spencers car park when we noticed this. It doesn't actually specify that the mall is closed, it was quite obvious when the car park was practically empty and when we got out of the car a large man, from a white van next to us, tattoos covering his arms and neck, walked over to us. At first I was feeling anxious at that point because it's completely creepy, but then he just pointed at the beach mall and said, "It's closed," in a really Welsh accent. As much as I thought it would, it didn't sound cold or threatening at all - he even threw in a little smile at the end, which looked slightly forced.

Max nodded, then gave a thumbs up with his fingers. "Thanks, man." We then sped away in case he was actually a really creepy guy, going in circles for a while around the round about, in which resulted me realising he's wasting fuel, as well as resulting Gray to start bursting out in laughter, along with the smallest of giggles coming from Gina, by my side.

"So where we going now?" Grey asks breaking the silence. As much to my dismay, he's sitting at the front where I usually sit.

Max shrugs, "Dunno. What do you say Grey?" he looks through the mirror.

"I don't know. Let's just all go home."

"Wow," Gray starts, turning around slightly, "you have so much enthusiasm for spending time with us." He states sarcastically.

"Actually, you mean I'm showing a lack of enthusiasm for spending time with you." I point out, making him raise a brow.

"I haven't even said or done something to annoy you."

I shrug, "Oh well." It's not everyday I'm nice to the people around me, as unlikely it is for me to meet new people daily, I prefer to stick to my family - including Elliot and Maya. With Gray and Mark now here, this changes things, so don't blame me for not knowing how to feel as of yet.

"Let's go to the ice cream shop!" A small feminine voice says excitedly. I turn to her and smile, about to tell her it's too cold for ice cream when another voice responds to her.

"I think that's a great idea, well done, G." Max says, grinning at my little sister who leans on her chair.

Grey looks over at her. "So tell me," he starts, "how annoying is Gray at home? I want all the deets."

Gina giggles into her fists and adjusts on her seat so she can see Grey better from the front, they both begin to chatter amongst themselves as I sigh into my seat.