7. I'm Better

I went back and edited the cast list a bit and added pictures to the other chapters. The singer above plays Renell, just a heads up incase anyone wants to go back and look at the other characters pictures.

-

Gianna Alexander

"Okay, don't look now but there's a sexy chocolate dude eying you from the bar" Rochelle stated. I playfully rolled my eyes trying to ignore the hype in her voice but was curious on what the man looked like.

I casually tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as I turned my head and snuck a peek. My gaze locked with familiar brown eyes and I covered my mouth in embarrassment as I looked back at Rochelle.

"Girl I know him! That's Renell" I inform her. Rochelle practically broke her neck to look around me and get another peek at him.

"That's Renell? The boy you were crazy about? Well damn, he fine I would've been crazy about him too" she laughed.

I looked back over at Renell again and he stood up and grabbed his drink before making his way over to me. The last time I'd run into him was at the store when I was with Alonzo and after that encounter I'd been to embarrassed to wanna run into him again.

"I'm a go and get another drink, don't do anything I wouldn't do" Rochelle teased as she stood up and sashayed away.

By the time Renell had made it over to me my nerves had calmed down. He stood towards the front of the table and I looked up at him being able to smell his scent.

"You mind if I sit down, or is your man around?" He questioned growing a smirk on his face like he was so funny.

"Again I'm sorry about that, he and I aren't speaking right now. I guess I'm taking a break from that relationship I feel kinda drained" I admit as Renell pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Want me to give him some parking tickets?" He joked causing me to laugh and shake my head while using my straw to stir around the ice and alcohol in the glass in front of me.

"You don't have to do that for me, as funny as it would be. How's work anyway?" I questioned meeting his eyes once again.

Renell chuckled a bit before he shrugged like something was bothering him. It was weird because the more I looked at him the more I felt like a little girl again, he still had the same quirks, the way he'd tilt his head when he was listening or use his tongue to poke the inside of his mouth while he thought.

"It's good I guess, just different down here is all. I didn't become a cop to be an enemy, I really want to help the community and build it back up how it was when we were young, kids shouldn't be scared to walk to school in the morning and people shouldn't worry about being robbed at gunpoint leaving the corner store" Renell ranted.

I bit down gently on my bottom lip watching him. I could tell this was something he was passionate about and it made me feel guilty about the people that I associated with, I wasn't the person he thought I was and he'd find out eventually.

"If anyone can fix it up around here it's you. Stay safe out here, a lot of people just see the enemy when they see your uniform and you're one of the good ones" I explain.