"Hey. Stiles stay with me alright, don't go to sleep." Derek says placing his hand on the boys thigh giving it a slight squeeze. "Stay with me Stiles."

" 'm trying." Stiles mutters sleepily turning his head and their eyes lock.

"Focus on me alright. Stiles listen to my voice. Stay with me, please." Derek quickly says trying to hide the panic in his voice but he knew he was failing.

"Der it's okay." Stiles says softly placing his hand on top of Derek's.

-

"Someone help me, he's been bitten by a snake!" Derek shouts as bursts through the hospital doors with Stiles in his arms passed out.

"Derek?" A woman's voice asks and Derek looks at the front desk to find Scott's mum standing there before her face goes pale recognising Stiles unconscious in his arms. "Oh my god, Stiles. I need assistance, snake bite!" Melissa shouts into some radio thing before running over to them.

"How long ago?" She asks reaching there side and rushing Derek towards some hallway as he tries his best to hide his limp.

"Half an hour ago, I think." Derek responds as he clears his throat not liking how rough his voice sounds.

"Bring him in this room!" A man shouts appearing from a door at the other end of the hallway. Derek turns to Melissa who nods and they both rush into the room. There was already a gurney and IV pole in the room waiting for them along with a couple nurses and a doctor. Derek places Stiles down on the gurney gently following the mans orders.

"We need to examine him before we do anything, young man you need to go wait in the waiting room." The doctor says turning to Derek before walking over to Stiles' unconscious body.

"I'm not leaving him." Derek quickly says not taking his eyes off the boy in fear that if he does, he will never see him again.

"Sir, you need to leave now." The doctor repeats and before Derek can protest Melissa starts talking.

"Derek honey, come with me. Stiles is in good hands trust me. I need you to come with me so I can ask your questions to help Stiles while they examine him, this is serious, please." Melissa says calmly and Derek nods letting himself be led out the door by the older woman.

They walk into the waiting room taking a seat away from other The people in the room before the nurse starts asking him questions.

"I need you to be completely honest, this information can help Stiles because if I'm being honest he doesn't look good. Now firstly how did this happen?" Melissa asks and Derek closes his eyes for a second to compose himself before telling her the quick version of what happened leaving out the part about the motorbike crash.

"So he hit his head falling off the horse? Was it hard enough to give him concussion?" Melissa asks and Derek nods. "Alright, I know Stiles has never been bitten before so we can skip that question. What was his symptoms? Did he tell you?"

"He said the bite burned, headache, he threw up like I said before, pale skin, sweating and fainting obviously." Derek answers leaning his arms on his thighs as he stares at the ground nervously.

"You did the right thing by bringing him here straight away and I don't even want to think about the amount of road rules you broke getting here because I know it takes longer than 30 minutes to get to the farm but you did the right thing." Melissa says with a soft smile and Derek nods not knowing what else to do. It should have been him. Stiles doesn't deserve this. Hell if he didn't crash the bike then Stiles wouldn't have been in the paddock where the snake was to begin with. He can't lose Stiles too, the Sheriff can't lose Stiles... the Sheriff!

"Someone needs to call the Sheriff! He doesn't know and call Scott or someone at the farm none of them know either. Fuck, Stiles' horse, his mothers horse, the snake bit it too. They need to find the horse and get a vet there as soon as possible!" Derek quickly says turning to Melissa.

"Relax Derek it's okay, I will go call Scott he can find the horse and I will send Dr Deaton to the farm right now. That man owes me a favour so he will get there as soon as possible." She says and Derek nods trying to think of anything else he has forgotten.

"Don't forget the Sheriff, he needs to know. I should have called him off Stiles' phone or something." Derek says shaking his head but Melissa grabs his shoulder and he meets her eye.

"You did everything you could to get Stiles here which is exactly what the Sheriff would want." She states and Derek nods slightly. "Now I'm going to make a few calls but don't worry the horse will be fine and the Sheriff will be here soon." She says walking back towards the front desk. Once she was out of sight Derek looks down at his right leg which was barely bent as he sits in the chair. He was glad Melissa didn't notice. She would have wanted to get it checked out and that meant paper work and signing his name down and that's something he won't risk. If his name is written down on stuff like medical papers it would be easy for Kate to find and he knows it.

After a few minutes but what feels like hours for Derek he hears the sound of the doctors voice and he looks up to find the same doctor standing by the hallway towards the room Stiles was in. He takes a closer look at the doctor and not liking the expression he has as he calls for Melissa.

"Derek, come here." Melissa shouts and without hesitation he rushes over to the two ignoring the sharp pain in his knee.

"He's in a bad way. I need you to describe to me what the snake looked like so we can figure out what snake it was to give Stiles the right antidote." The doctor says and Derek takes a couple seconds to process what he meant by 'he's in a bad way'

"Derek, what did the snake look like?" Melissa ask her voice no longer calm and more like panicked.

"It was a copperhead snake." Derek suddenly says looking back towards the doctor.

"Are you absolutely sure?" The doctor asks sternly looking at him and Derek nods.

"It was a copperhead snake. I saw it clearly." Derek replies.

"Derek are you completely sure? Because if we give him the wrong antidote then it could make things worse." Melissa says.

"Yes it was a copperhead snake! You're wasting time, go help him!" Derek shouts desperately and with that the doctor and Melissa rush back towards Stiles' room and Derek follows determined to be there for Stiles.

"No sir, you can't come in." The doctor says but Derek shakes his head.

"I am not letting him be alone!" Derek shouts getting angrier by the second. Stiles is lying there unconscious by himself without anyone, like hell Derek will let him go through this alone.

"Only family is allowed, you have to stay in the waiting room." The doctor states and Derek has to stop himself from hurting the doctor knowing it won't do any good.

"He won't be alone Derek. Stiles is like a son to me." Melissa says and Derek shakes his head.

"Is he going to be okay?" He asks desperately as they reach the door.

"I don't think you'll like my honest answer, but we will do everything we can to help him. Justin take this young man to the waiting room." The doctor says nodding to Derek as a tall muscular man in security uniform walks towards him.

Derek doesn't move, he just stares as the doctor and Melissa close the door after themselves. The security guard tries telling him to move to the waiting room but Derek doesn't even blink an eye. The doctor had basically said that Stiles isn't going to be okay... he won't make it. Stiles is going to die in there and there's nothing he can even do about it!

Derek doesn't even notice the security guard pushing him into the waiting room until he's being forced into the seat and grabs his knee in pain from the sudden movement. He stays where the guard pushed him on one of the far seats away from the other few people in the waiting room. He leans his elbows on his thighs with his head in his hands trying to calm himself down. His body was shaking uncontrollably as he tries to slow his breathing but he can't. Stiles is going to die... He promised himself he would never get attached to anyone again since Kate. Yet Stiles had somehow gotten him to break that promise without even knowing it and now he's going to die!

He could feel the water building up in his eyes as he rubs them. This can't be happening, this can't be happening.