Chapter 1: I'm (Not) Going To Miss This Place

Lia's P.O.V.

We're leaving today.

We're actually leaving.

I don't think that has sunk into my mind yet. Not at all.

But I'm not scared. Anticipated. Excited. & Nervous. Yes. But not scared. That's probably due to the fact that I've spent half of my life looking forward to the day this moment would finally come. But now that it's actually here, I'm not too sure how I should feel about it. So many conflicting and confusing thoughts are racing through my mind as I look upon my bare room, which, at one time, was filled with countless posters of my favorite bands and vinyl records. A part of me doesn't want to leave any of this behind.

And suddenly an unexpected wave of nostalgia washed over me. I had spent far too much time wanting to be out of this house that my mind didn't even comprehend the great amount of things I would be leaving behind when I left. My life is here. My family. My friends. Everything. Mom would surely sell this place once me and Marie leave, I know that she doesn't want to live here alone, but I don't blame her, I wouldn't either. I'm actually going to miss it here, no matter how much I try to deny it, it will always be true.

Marie pulls me from my clouded thoughts when her hand lightly touches my shoulder, "You ready? The moving van is all packed and ready to go."

"Yeah" I nodded absentmindedly as I took one last glance at the four plain walls of the bedroom I grew up in, the bedroom I lived in my entire life.

"I'm going to miss it too." She spoke softly, as if she read my exact thoughts. But I've never really been great at hiding my emotions or even what I was thinking.

Sometimes I hate being such an open book.

"I never thought I would miss it."

"Me either. I could give you this long soppy story of why we're going to miss it and blah blah blah, but instead I'm just going to say, let's get the hell out of here." Her warm laugh echoed in my empty room and made me smile a little as we walked out of my room and down the stairs. Marie always knew how to cheer me up, even when I'm in crappy moods like this. Thank god we didn't have to say goodbye to Mom, that would just make this day much more damn emotional than it needed to be.

She had decided to say goodbye to us last night and then go stay with my aunt, because apparently, she didn't want to make things "harder" for us. It was just the same, but we cried our eyes out yesterday instead of today. That was probably the only conceivable difference.

For gods sake we were just going three hours away to go to college, its not like we we're going to disappear off the face of this earth. We could always come back to visit, and we would. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving. We would be there for all of that.

"Are you going to drive?" I asked Marie as she began to lock up the front door of our home.

"Yeah I will, besides I think you need the rest."

"And why is that?" I snapped at her.

"Calm down," she laughed, " I was just suggesting that you get some sleep on the way up there since I know you got absolutely none last night."

"How do you know that?"

"I woke up when I heard the Friends theme song coming from your damn room at one in the morning."

"Sorry." I giggled as I walked over to the passengers door of the van.

"You better be. You interrupted a freaking amazing dream. I mean Theo James was about to propose to me, there were roses and candles and everything!" She spoke as she fired up the ignition of the moving van, and the engine came roaring to life.