Chapter Three: Dream or Reality?

Начните с самого начала

“So you mean to tell me, you’re more excited to be with Yeng than to be with me?!” the serious mixed with surprised tone suddenly came from him.

As soon as his words sink in her, she blinks.

Then blinks again.

And then she laughs.

She laughs harder as soon as he pouts.

“why are you laughing?” she knows he is irritated from the way he asked her back.

“Have you heard yourself? Seriously? You’re jealous at my girl best friend!?”

She then saw him open his mouth then immediately close, like a fish does.

She chuckles at the cute antics of her life.

She reach for his face; cupping it with both of her hands.

“These five days are for myself, selfish it may sounds and I really thank you for that. I know I’ve been unfair to you for this past two years, or maybe more. So as soon as I’m back, I’ll make it up to you.” She sweetly utters.

After some seconds of silence, his knitted bow straighten, he whispers

“promise?”

She smile.

“promise” she answered while nodding.

She then feels him lean a little closer but then halts when they heard the call from her loud best friend.

“Sarah! Come on, we have to go!”

“Okay! Okay!” she shoot back, then told Matt her goodbye.

“Yes bro”, he said to his friend Fred over the phone while driving to Batangas.

His dad’s company’s outing will be held somewhere in Batangas. He decided to drive directly to where they’ll stay for five days rather than to make a stop at his new house at Laguna since they left Manila a little late.

“Of course, Grace is with me.” he then take a glance on the rear view mirror to check his daughter who is now asleep; head rested on the lap of her yaya.

“That’s why I’m counting on you. I know you can handle my shop. Just give me updates and I trust you. Besides it’s just for a month.”

“wow! A month, bro. So what now? You’ll finally play the obedient son role, huh?” he heard his friend asked.

“It’s just ate needs me. It’s for my ate, not for him.”

“Woo. It’s the same. Let me remind you that it’s still a family business.”

“Whatever.” He said, focusing on the road.

“So.. you’re going to start already as soon as you got there?”

“No, the company will have team building for five days and I have to participate. By the way, bro, can you imagine it’s whole freaking five days and all the office staffs will be there.”

“so?” he heard his friend ask. He is sure that his friend didn’t catch anything from what he said.

“what so?! I’m saying, who the hell will work at the company while having this team building?”

“Haha. Man! Give them a break! You know, when your employees are satisfied, eventually your customer will be too.”

“Come on, man. Don’t you get my side? It’s almost we’re shutting down for five days. Isn’t my father getting insane or something?”