blackbird by the beatles

writing prompt: link can't stay away from rhett

no matter how hard link tried to stay away, he always found himself at the bar. it was his favorite bar, not because he was an alcoholic, he wasn't. it was mostly because rhett and his band plays there regularly.

rhett would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy the dark haired man visiting him every weekend. 

link stayed at his seat near the bar, getting his drink refilled every now and then. link never really talked with rhett before. he did once and that's what lured him in in the first place. link was too shy to try anything more so staying near the clean bar was his safety zone. he refused to leave his spot until rhett was done playing their music.

in link's eyes, rhett was the best local singer around. well, his favorite, at least. he was sure others would rather go to another bar for another band.

the lights dimmed ever so slightly, indicating that they were starting soon. his heart started to beat just a little bit quicker than it was a few seconds before.

the music started playing and link instantly knew what song was about to be played. it was one of his favorites. he didn't listen to the beatles very often but when he did, it was always so enjoyable.

"blackbird singing in the dead of night,
take these broken wings and learn to fly,
all your life,
you were only waiting for this moment to arise.

blackbird singing in the dead of night,
take these sunken eyes and learn to see,
all your life,
you were only waiting for this moment to be free,
blackbird fly, blackbird fly,
into the light of the dark black night.

blackbird singing in the dead of night,
take these broken wings and learn to fly,
all your life,
you were only waiting for this moment to arise,
you were only waitiing for this moment to arise,
you were only waiting for this moment to arise."

light claps filled the room. rhett sung so beautifully that link clung to every word that came out of his mouth. he never realized how nice his voice sounded for such a slow song as that one. he clapped slightly louder than the other audience members, immediately gaining rhett's attention to him. he felt his cheeks heat up, turning back to the bartender. he felt embarassed that he was louder than others and caught the attention of the man he had a small crush on.

he wasn't even sure why he had a crush on this bearded man. they only talked once and link was basically stalking the man if he kept visiting him every weekend to just stare at his beauty and listen to the beauty of his voice.

he was about to leave, pay and tip the bartender but a hand was placed on his shoulder, "leaving already? you always go before i can speak with you."

link's heart was beating harder, "oh, sorry."

"it's okay. i finally beat you this time. i just wanted to stop by before the next song."

"you sounded nice."

rhett smiled, the little apple cheeks shaped above his beard. it made link blush because it was a real cute smile.

rhett looked down, "thanks, it's nice to hear that. you might be our biggest fan. i always see you here."

"you made quite an impression on me, i guess." that made rhett smile even wider. it always made rhett smile when he saw the other man sitting at the bar, waiting for their band to come up.

"you want to come backstage? since you're our biggest fan, of course."

"oh, i don't know," link said, quietly.