I hadn't read the newspapers yesterday morning but I had seen enough to comprehend the rest of the article.

__________________________

GOLD DIGGER EXPOSED?

Blake Ryder, CEO of the Ryder company, has recently released the news of his unexpected break up with Alison Williams the woman that had managed to fool us all. Mr Ryder claims that Miss Williams purely married him out of greed for money, excessively asking for dresses and jewellery. Miss Williams is a complete disgrace to the wonderful women in our community. Many say that Miss Williams may have even been disloyal in their relationship.

___________________________

Below their was a picture of a distraught Blake and a old picture of me from the ball we had attended months ago.  It was ridiculous how easily people would believe the media without hearing the other side. But I had no control with their opinion and I was sure no news station would want to invite me for an interview in fear of utmost humiliation by the public and Blake himself. Blake had a way with manipulating people's minds. It was one of the few traits I hated about him.

But I was snapped out of my daze by the sound of heels clicking against the concrete. Four girls probably only in their early twenties were approaching me, their lip-gloss covered lips puckered and eyes narrowed down at me. All were wearing heavy amounts of makeup, and extremely short dresses and I noticed the slight waver in their stances. They were surely heavily intoxicated. I took note of the smudge mascara and slight wrinkle in their sparkly dresses.

Glancing back again at the group, I fastened my pace my eyes fixed on the small bakery that looked at the end of the street. However the bakery seemed to be much too far for my liking and before I knew it, a perfectly manicured hand was clasped on my shoulder, forcefully turning me around.

I was face to face with a average height brunette, her lips pulled back in a sneer as she looked me down. Her friends stood behind her, all leering as well, their hips cocked to their side as they watched me with hooded eyes.

"What did he even see in you?"the brunette snarled, tugging at a strand of my brown locks and frowning.

I smiled politely, stepping back and making sure that was a respectable distance between us.

"I'm sorry girls, but I really must go. I have some important business to get to?"

A blond who stood to the brunette's right snorted, twirling a strand of hair in her fingers as she rolled her eyes,"You going to suck off your gramps huh?"

My eyes widened at the insult, feeling immensely disgusted at even just the thought.

"Whatever I will be doing is nothing of your concern."I snapped, curtly.

The girls remained quiet, their eyes running down my body with hatred and I fidget uncomfortably.

"Well good day to you all, I'll be going. It was uh... nice meeting you."

I turned around, ignoring the sting at my eyes. Did everyone really think of me like this? Did everyone believe that I did not deserve Blake?

But a slurred voice caught my attention, and I paused mid-step, the hair on the back of my neck raising.

"You're really just a whore aren't you?"

A blanket of anger began to cover my toes, drawing up higher towards my chest and I whipped around, my eyes blazing. The girl were watching me with amused smirks, specks of fire slipping from their eyes.

"Excuse me?"

A girl with dirty blonde hair and water blue eyes, threw her head up and laughed,"Didn't you hear the first time bitch? You. Are. A. Whore. A good-for-nothing slut who feeds of other people. A slut who probably bangs countless amounts of men every fucking night while your dear husband works, completely oblivious to your doing. Glad he's finally came to his senses, though. He's too good for you."

The brunette nodded,"I always knew there was something up with you when I saw you on the television. I knew you were a just a fucking bitch ready to strike."

"Well obviously."the blonde quipped, rolling her eyes,"She was born from a bitch so it's was obvious she would be one. Was it surprising Williams when she died right after she gave birth, probably regretting cheating on your father and wanting to never see your ugly face? Tell me, were you surprised?"

How did they know? My mother never had cheated on my father but she had died after giving birth to me, however where had these girls found out?

"You do seemed surprised."she mused.

"How did you know?"

A gleeful smirk exploded against the brunette's faces and a sharp squeal left her lips.

"Oh goody. I didn't think the papers were really right about this but the woman herself did just clear it up. My God, no wonder you grew up to be such a whore."

The girls fell into a bundle of cackles, each grasping the other for support as they doubled over. I took a quivering step backwards.

I knew Blake was evil. I knew Blake could sweep down on anyone and sweet talk them into achieving his advantage, only to leave you dangling by the last thread. I knew Blake could cause intense damage to a soul.

But I didn't know that Blake could destroy.

I didn't know that he could leek the poisonous black liquid into me. I didn't notice how every little drop swerved past my bridges, walls and boundaries. I didn't noticed as it lingered silently in the depths of my heart, and slowly begin to bring out my demons. I didn't know when he finally did it.

He had finally succeeded in humiliating, breaking and destroying me in one.

- Flashback over -

The amount of hate I still received was only minimum to what the girls handed. Occasionally I would be thrown a rotten tomato or a stale piece of bread whenever I walked down a street, followed by the angry shouts of the people and the curses that followed.

My father had tried to contact me after hearing the news but since I had left my phone at Blake's house after my hurry to leave, I had no mean of contact with anyone. The news too had taken a huge at me, commenting on how ungrateful I had been to have a such a wealthy man as a spouse and still want more.

It was absurd. Chaotic.

And yet deep down a part of me agreed. I should've fought harder for Blake. I should've made sure he wouldn't have slipped past my fingers. But then again was that even possible. He was a playboy for a reason and how could I change anything. I was a just the average girl who happened to be married with that idiot.

But the hate had surely taken a toll on me and the self-consciousness had hit right home but much harder than ever.

So now as I lay, The Goblet Of Fire laying innocently at my side I could only wonder whether Luke too had thought of me as the girls had.