Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

"Do you know that for certain?" Hermione questioned him, it seemed that she was pretty confident in herself that she had figured out the truth. It was probably easy to pick up on Milo's nerves in that moment, but he couldn't confirm that she was right. He wouldn't allow himself to do such a thing because it wasn't his business to tell, it was Remus'. 

"Yes," he answered forcing a bit more confidence to his voice before pushing himself up. "It was a brilliant theory though, I'll have to tell him that one the next time I hang out with him."

Hermione blushed and quickly shook her head. "I really rather you didn't," she told him, " I wouldn't want him to be offended-"

"Nonsense, he wouldn't be offended," Milo said with a chuckle, of course, he had no plans of passing it off as a joke to Remus, and he knew the man wouldn't be offended, he would be nervous. He obviously didn't want people to know what he was and what he suffered through every full moon. He had kept it private for a reason, but Milo had to inform him that it was Professor Snape that was casually just giving hints away to students. He would have to watch himself and his back now if someone with power inside the castle was out to see that he was fired. 

Milo made up a quick excuse that he had to go meet up with several people, which wasn't a lie in itself, but he really needed to find his godmother. However, he didn't have time to search for Elspeth as he heard the bell, warning him that he had to head to class. Fortunately, for him, it was Care of Magical Creatures, so it wasn't going to be the biggest deal if he turned up a few minutes late.

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

The sound of the class actually came across as a good thing in Milo's head, magical creatures always put him in a good mood. Cedric seemed to catch on that rather quickly when it came to helping Milo create a strong and happy memory for him to focus on when it came to creating the patronus. The first time it happened, Milo thought of when he first received Paden as a Christmas gift from Newt Scamander. It was one of his fondest memories as he scooped up the little bowtruckle in his hands and Paden chirped for the first time in his presence. It had been a strong enough memory to produce a silvery wisp that lingered in the air for a few seconds. 

So Milo decided to focus on that for quite some time whenever he was practising. 

But the lesson with Hagrid that afternoon, proved to be a fun one, as Milo approached the area where the other students were gathered. He smiled as he immediately recognised the creatures, known as nifflers. The boy was practically beside himself in that moment as he thought back to what had begun Newt's adventures back when the man had first arrived in New York City. A niffler that he had been carrying in his case, along with other creatures had escaped. But he had lost the niffler in a bank and Milo could only imagine that the little creature probably thought it had died and ascended to the heavens in that moment. 

It seemed to have a perfectly good time according to Newt's encounters as it flounced through a bank and then made its way to a jewellery shop. It seemed Hagrid wanted to cheer himself up a bit, seeing as he was nothing more than a sack of worry because of Buckbeak's trial. Milo didn't blame the man, the majority of the school knew that the hippogriff didn't deserve any type of punishment but Draco could have used another smack upside the head. 

But those thoughts were placed aside as Hagrid began talking about the mission of discussing the task of allowing the nifflers finding some gold, however, as the man continued to speak, Milo became distracted. In the distance, he could see Elspeth on the grounds and before her, was Professor Snape. She looked extremely pissed off and Milo couldn't help but turn his attention away from the lesson as he wanted to know what they were discussing. Plus, he still needed to talk to his godmother and more than likely, by the end of the lesson, she wasn't going to be around.