It was like nothing I've ever felt before. It was like I was watching myself watch him. Everything in me felt like it was in high alert, and if I was being honest I would admit that I felt scared. I had never felt anything like it before, it felt amazing and terrifying at the same time. Like an angel From above grabbing my hand and pulling me, I made my way to him on sea legs not quite sure what I was going to do or say when I got over to him.

He looked up when I stood close enough yo block his sunlight, His eyes squinted as he tried to see through strands of hair. "Oi. You're blocking me light."

"Oh," I stumbled, my legs tripping over the other as I tried to step back. Like a fool, I landed on my hind. My wrists hurt as they bent behind me to catch myself from the hard ground. And the older, mind you not older by much, boy just looked at me like it was nothing but a measly bug on the ground.

I felt like an utter puzzle head as I sat there, the embarrassment eating me into a paralyzing fear. Besides the pain in my wrist, nothing hurt other than my pride. The boy sighed, setting his knife down and standing up. Like most, he was taller than I, and for his young age he was much thicker as well, it was like the Gods were teasing me. A price, short, feminine. It wasn't fair. How would I get the grace like that of my father if I was built like a girl without breasts?

The boy stood over me, reaching an annoyed hand to me. I gave a weak smile as I pulled myself up to my feet, wincing only slightly at the pain I felt in my wrist as he pulled a tad too tightly on it.

"Ya hurt yerself?" He shook his head. "What are ya? some kind of loiter-sack? This your first time out of your means?"

Did he.. just insult me? "I beg your pardon?" Never has someone spoken to me in such a tone, and to call me lazy? I was a prince for the love of God.

"Best be on your way before you get yerself hurt. Them fancy clothes of yours won't last long down ere'"

"Eh!" Both our heads turned to the side as a voice called for us. And it was light lighting speed that the boy fell to his knee, bowing his head to my father as Ser Talbot and he made their ways over. "Edward, ya met tha' price. Perfect, Stan up boy. Lookin' all foolish down like a whore." Ser Talbot put a hand on Edward's shoulder as the boy rose to his feet.

He was as pale as a ghost as he looked from me to my father, his lips looking like my mother's koi at feeding time. And still, there was a bubbling in my chest as I watched the boy look at me confused as if he was just noticing the hand-pressed crest in my velvet coat.

Edward didn't say another word to me that day, or any day after for nearly two years whenever my father would take me to the matches. We had grown watching one another but never making a move. I had always assumed Ser Talbot and his son had an arrogance to themselves. But my father and Tsar loved the Talbots. And I couldn't imagine why.

And though I couldn't stand them, I also couldn't keep my eyes from watching the younger Talbot as he ran around helping his father. And then, of course, it only got worse when the younger Talbot started to joust as well.

Edward and I were well into our teen years when we first spoke again. Nearly ten years had passed. I was only seventeen. Still young and lost on my duty's as a prince. Though there was no war on the horizon, we still had a grand feist, one that allowed the Kings Knights to attend with their families.

Mother, Harlow, and I were sat at a long table with father. And soon I noticed the young Talbot standing to the side speaking with other knights. Earlier in the evening, I had seen he and his father walk in. No woman around either man. It was common knowledge that Ser Talbot's wife had left when Edward was still on the breast. Rumour was she had a lover who she had gotten pregnant with. Another was that Benedict himself had killed her once he found of the lover. But I liked to think the woman had run off to be happy with a lover who would not treat her poorly like it was told Ser Talbot had.

I had no plans on leaving my chair that night. But somehow I found myself in my mother's garden, in the center with the lighting bugs that flew from one closed flower to another.

The night wasn't cold, but the air was now warm. I had sat on the edge of the fountain, running my fingers into the cold water. It wasn't long before I heard footfall behind me. But I chose to ignore it. I did not want to be disturbed as I played with my thoughts.

I was seventeen, the soul air to the kingdom, I had bulked up in the years to a point, yes, but I was still very conscious of my body shape. Harlow had made comments just that day on how I looked like a woman, and that I need to cut my hair. I had worked my body so hard through the years to gain a chest of a warrior, arms of a man who worked with iron. But still, my shape had not changed by much. I did not favor a woman now, and I was aware of that. But Harlow liked to poke fun at the insanity that had eaten me inside. Tsar was quick to correct them. He would, and still does, compliments me on my work, and how I was shaping into a strong young man.

It was no use, once I was alone in the bathhouse I could see it. The lean shape, the hips, the curves that no longer hugged me, yet still haunted me.

"Your majesty," I jumped, not high enough to fall, but enough to startle the small fish that was about to kiss my finger. I looked towards the younger Talbot, a brow-raising to him. No longer was I the nervous child who was going to trip over my own two feet for him. I had made a fool of myself once towards him. But I would not allow myself to do that again.

Edward made no move towards me, but he did reach a hand back to scratch the back of his neck. Edward was a man now. no longer a ten-year-old, now he was nearing twenty, he wore a red tunic with black tights. A brown belt tied to his waist with a matching vest over top.

I was wearing a heavy blue cloak that fell to my feet and tied around my collar with a golden chain. The tunic I wore was the same blue, with thick gold tread going the breasts and neckline. I wore white trousers, I was also forced to wear the crown on my head, which was often hidden away in my chambers. "Yes?" I asked, turning my body towards him, my arms coming up to fold over my chest.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to startle you."

"You did no such thing."

"I saw you jump mah' lord."

I scowled standing from my perch. "And what can I help you with ser Talbot?" infuriating, absolutely obnoxious.

"I was just out for a walk mah lord. It was getting uncomfortably hot in the dining room. Is that not why you left?"

"No, in fact, I left to be alone."

"Oh," Edward said, looking a little taken back by my hostility. Frankly, I was as well. Why was I upset? I had not left the party to be alone, I merely left because the crowd was becoming too much for me. "My apologies again young lord. I'll take my leave then." He turned around, walking towards the exit of the rosebushes.

"Wait," I said with a sigh, guilt taking me from the inside. "You do not need to leave. Take a seat. Cool yourself down. Only if you'd like."

He didn't move at first. Standing there and looking at me long enough for me to turn my head back towards the water to avoid his gaze. I could hear his steps as they got closer, the soft thud of his footfall on the cobblestone. Soon, he sat beside me.

Both he and I sat in silence.

We sat together without saying a word until Tsar came looking. And even then I was reluctant to leave. There was no dullness in the air. It was, comfortable. I felt as if I could sit there all night with him without saying a word to him. It made me uneasy.

And that was the start of us, Edward and I. From that night forth Edward would meet me that same spot. The first few times we both just sat, no words ever spoken.

It was like we were reading each other, learning each other without words. It was magical. It made my insides turn.

I loved it.