But when Scott came up from behind and wrapped his arms around his waist, he screamed, being unable to recognize him as he struggled against his grip, his breathing getting faster.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, it's just me, Evan. It's just me." Scott said gently, releasing his grip on the shaking hybrid, stepping in front of him with his hands up. "I'm not gonna hurt you, Ev, I promise."

Evan calmed down, looking at Scott while still shaking, and he nodded, allowing Scott to try again to wrap him in a hug. After they had stayed there for a minute in comfortable silence, Evan started apologizing.

"I'm sorry, so, so sorry, I don't know why I did that I haven't done that in years I'm so sorry, Scott. God, I'm the worst, aren't I? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sor-" Scott cut him off with a kiss, pulling him close.

"Evan, it's okay, really. You did nothing wrong, okay? It was me, I did something and it triggered a bad memory, I'm sorry. But it's okay now, it's okay." Evan didn't know how Scott knew exactly what to say all the time, but he wasn't complaining.

And Evan hated how Scott never asked him anything too personal, never got too deep. If Evan didn't openly say it in conversation, Scott didn't ask, he hated that. Because that's what he had wanted for his entire life. Someone who just doesn't ask, someone who is just there to comfort him, tell him it's gonna be okay, but never ask.

Now he had that, and he hated it.

"Maybe you should take a break." Scott said, bringing Evan to the couch, where they sat together and cuddled. Evan wasn't complaining, he had gotten sick of those boxes anyway.

Scott still didn't ask, he noticed, Scott was quietly bringing him comfort and he liked it, he loved it, he didn't know why.

Maybe it was because Jonathan always asked questions, always, he always wanted to know what was happening with him. He cared, but in a different way.

Stop that, Evan snapped at himself, stop thinking about Jonathan because you're not with him anymore, you're with Scott, don't worry about him.

"It was my parents." Evan spoke quietly, like they were in a large crowd and he just wanted his boyfriend to hear. "They're the reason I got so freaked out right now."

Scott played with his hair, but he was listening, Evan knew it, he was listening to every word of it, because he cared, but it was quieter.

"What were they?" Scott asked it in a way that Evan knew exactly what he was talking about. Crazy? Drunk? Crazy drunk or mentally ill?

"Alcoholics." Evan shivered just using the word, his stomach twisted into a knot and it took everything he had to swallow the bile in his throat. If he threw up now, he knew he would never be able to eat later.

Scott was about to say something, but a knock on the door stopped him.

"I got it." Evan said, untangling himself from Scott's warm embrace and walked to the door.

"Evan!" Craig said as soon as the door was open. In the movies, this would be the part where they hug, but Evan doesn't do that.

"Hey." He smiles. "Nice to see you, Tyler." He said as Craig's boyfriend followed the demon inside.

"Oh, Craig, that's Scott, by the way. Scott, Craig. Craig, Scott." Evan introduced them, leaving Craig to introduce Tyler.

Craig shook Scott's hand. "Hey, nice to meet you, Evan here had told me a lot about you." He said, happiness in his voice. "Oh! And this is my boyfriend, Tyler." He gestured to the human standing a few feet from him.

Tyler shook his hand. "Hey."

"Oh! That's right, we're going to that movie! Just give me a second, I have to change." Evan said, walking off to his room, leaving everyone else in his living room.

Craig and Tyler simultaneously looked Scott up and down before Craig said "You look nice, I hope you stay that way."

Scott was taken off guard by his comment, to which Tyler said "Don't mind him, he just doesn't want a repeat of what happened with Evan's ex." That felt weird to say. Evan's ex.

Craig continued to glare at Scott, trying to figure him out in the short amount of time they had before Evan returned. Scott squirmed under the intensity of the glare, trying to find something else to focus on.

Tyler hit Craig's arm. "Knock it off, he hasn't done anything, Craig. He's not Jonathan, you don't have to worry."

Craig looks at him as he spoke, his look softening as he studied his boyfriend's familiar features. He opened his mouth right as Evan came back in.

"Sorry I took a bit longer than usual, still haven't unpacked everything and I couldn't find my jacket." He said, smiling as Scott stood up and went over to him. They locked hands and waited for the other couple.

Craig stood up abruptly, grabbing Tyler's arm and dragging him up with him. He gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and followed Evan and Scott.

-------------
One shall be faithful.

One shall be clueless.

One shall be psycho.

One shall be dead.