🚫I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry. Sung By: Hatsune Miku

This song is an extremely dark song, the most popular theory refers to child abuse, rape, and even prostitution and incest, please do not read if this makes you uncomfortable. The version I have in the media is a cover done with KAITO, I prefer it much more and his voice mixed with the meaning makes it all that much sadder. Lets start with the first section of the song.

"He opens my ribs and drinks my soup 
With a personal kiss from my stomach 
I don't think I have any taste 
But if it makes Papa happy..."
Already it delves into the deeper, disgusting side of society. At first it sounds like cannibalism yet it quickly fades to the main character, or singer, mentioning their father, (in this case I'll be referring to the original which is sung by Miku so I'll be using female pronouns.) Who is supposedly splitting open her chest and drinking fluids from inside of the cavity, then she states that she doesn't feel she has a specific taste but as long as 'papa' is happy, then she's okay with the actions.

"Suck up my yellow fat with a straw 
Stick it into my pee-pee and suck it up like that too 
Fill it up with my poop and bake it 
Even though my body is collapsing for Papa's sake"
This is the part that makes people draw back and criticize this controversial song in disgust, and for good reason too. It isn't a bad song so to say, it's just a topic that society is too nervous to touch on. This part of the song is quite obviously referring to the singer, Miku, getting an object put into her genitals, most likely 'papa's' tongue or in a more likely case, his penis. The lyrics referring to a straw is a little vague since it could be either one of the two, most likely the part 'sucking' up the fluids being his tongue and then the object getting 'stuck' into her genitals being, as previously mentioned, the penis of 'papa'. The next part, referring to something going into her 'poop' suggests anal play and perhaps even sodomy.

"I'm sorry, after all, I don't have a good feeling 
A big brother I don't know told me, ahh  
Even though my collapsed body is pitiful, he kindly reaches out a hand"
This section shows the main character meeting a stranger after confessing she doesn't feel like the acts 'Papa' is doing to her. Back to the stranger, it is clear that this stranger is male when she refers to them as 'a big brother' who treats her kindly despite the obvious lack of mental capacity she has due to this abuse and she goes as far as to describe him as gentle despite her being pitiful.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I must be a bad girl 
So forgive me, forgive me, poor little me 
I'm sorry, goodbye, I'm a bad girl for running away from Papa 
I'm sorry, forgive me for falling in love with someone who's not Papa"
The main chorus is the lead role apologizing profusely, having been taught that love is sexual abuse by her father and that she is to love only him. She's apologizing for falling in love with the stranger referred to as her big brother and is apologizing for running away, I assume to be with the stranger.

"Big Brother gulps down my amniotic fluid 
He breaks open my hard stomach and touches the inside 
Without eating me, he treats me gently 
Even though my collapsed body is ugly"
So first of all, amniotic fluid is inside the amnion which is the inner most membrane to an embryo of a mammal, so I assume that the stranger who she's having sex with is performing oral on her gently, making sure she is able to climax, since it says he broke open her hard stomach, which I assume that signifies sexual tension from not being able to climax. The term in this song 'eating' is used as a metaphor for pain. He isn't causing the lead character any pain so it isn't eating away at her.

"I'm sorry, that's not a good feeling I have 
Big Brother must hate me, ahh 
My collapsed body gives a bad feeling 
It can be kept on file, and it's the end"

This is describing a pain she has and her feeling as though the stranger she's in love with doesn't reciprocate her feelings due to her having been taught that abuse is what love is.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I must be a bad girl 
So forgive me, forgive me, lonely little me 
I'm sorry, goodbye, I'm a bad girl for returning to Papa 
I'm sorry, forgive me for not being able to love my cruel Papa"
Again the chorus, yet its changed to her going back to her abusive 'papa' and her apologizing for both returning and for not being able to love him. She realizes that he's a cruel person after the intimate moment with the stranger, or 'Big brother'.

"When he came home, Papa was with a lot of people 
They said they had believed I'd return 
They want to eat my collapsed body until the end 
That's what they said"
This section takes an even darker turn when it reveals what's really going on. 'Papa' knew she would return, so in order to punish her for running away he brought a group of friends to rape her with him when she got back. As mentioned, the term 'eating' in this does not refer to cannibalism but how pain and certain traumas like this can eat away at one's mentality.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I must be a bad girl 
So forgive me, forgive me, poor little me 
I'm sorry, is it tasty? That's the taste of a warm heart 
I'm sorry, even though it hurts, my heart is satisfied"
This is another chorus asking for forgiveness and proving that she is content with this treatment, having grown up with it and feeling as if it's a normal part of a family, thus why it says that her heart is satisfied from this.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I must be a bad girl 
So forgive me, forgive me, lonely little me 
I'm sorry, even though it hurts, as long as you eat me and it tastes good, 
I'm happy, goodbye, everybody eat up except for my heart"
The final chorus, once again begging for forgiveness, ends with what can be assumed as the lead character dying from exhaustion. She's bringing up the pain she feels and that she is happy for this ending, telling everyone to 'eat up' except for one of the most vital organs in her body, signifying she wants death.

This song is extremely messed up, the instrumentals make it sound much happier and the way it is sung makes it seem less dark and depressing than what it actually is. This song is about the disgusting parts of society, child abuse, neglect, rape, violence, murder, incest, the list goes on. I believe the reason Miku was,chosen to sing the original was because she is shown to display child like innocence, naivety, that gets shattered in the end. It's more heart wrenching when you have a character so loved by all portray someone so broken such as the character in I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry. Thank you for reading this if you did, I'd appreciate to learn your theories or get possible feedback!