15

Michaels POV

I'd never felt so betrayed and angry in my life. i couldn't speak.

i marched out of his house. i had to catch my breath. i was stomping down the stairs. i could hear Izzy running after me, calling my name.

"michael, wait! stop!"

i didn't listen to her. i was so angry. angry at Luke, angry at Alice.

i didn't realise how hypocritical i sounded at the time, i had just slept with Izzy. all i felt was guilt on the way to pick up Luke's things.

i feel nothing now.

Izzy's POV

i staggered behind michael, who was sprinting down the stairs of Luke's apartment building. i called his name but he was ignoring me. god, he was so angry. it scared me.

he flung the doors open and paced towards his car, feeling in his pocket for his keys. he opened his car door and shut it, starting the engine. i ran to the other side and tried to open the door, but he'd locked it.

"Michael!! let me in!!" i screamed at him, hitting the window.

he was panting, his hands clenching the wheel. i kept banging the window until he slowly turned his head and looked at me. tears were streaming down his cheeks. he suddenly looked so vulnerable.

"michael!" i yelled. "please, just let me in! we can talk!"

he looked at me. i looked at him. i shook my head, as if i was saying "don't do it."

don't do it michael.

he mouthed something to me, before slamming his foot on the acceleration and speeding away out of the car park.

what did he mouth to me?

"i'm sorry."

~~~~~~

Michaels POV

i barged pass nurses, moved trolleys out of my way and burst through the doors of their ward.

i saw the door of her room. i slowed down, trying to act more calm. i slowly turned the door handle and entered, talking a deep breath.

my wife looked up from her phone and smiled.

"michael darling, what a nice surprise." she croaked.

i didn't say a word, just went and sat on the chair next to her bed.

"are you okay?" she asked.

am i okay?

"me? i'm smashing." i exaggerated, with a big cheesy grin. "i have something to ask you though."

she smiled slightly. "and what's that baby?"

"was he better than me?"

her face dropped, she gave me a questioning look. "i don't follow..."

"oh you know, my best friend? my band mate? the father of my deceased child?"

alice bit her lip, blinking a lot.

"michael, i don't know what-"

i grabbed her wrist. "don't even try and deny it." i hissed. she groaned as i clenched her wrist. "that's only my first question."

she began to shake, her eyes filled with fear. i leaned closer to her, my grip on wrist becoming even tighter.

"were there others?" i whispered, looking dead into her eyes.