Individual All Around Part 2

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been able to update... I have been dealing with a knee injury from track... We found out that I tore my meniscus and had surgery yesterday so i'm home recovering :)

Hope my evil minions like the chappie! :)

_________________________________________________________________________

Erin's POV

Aly was right before me on bars, and had a really good routine. She had a little separation through her legs, but otherwise it was amazing.

"Take your sweats off, you're on deck." Shaw said coming up behind me, squeezing my shoulders.

I slid my sweats off and stepped onto the raised podium and began chalking up. I sprayed water on my grips and then rubbed chalk all over my grips and my palms and fingers.

I saluted to the judges and then jumped off of the springboard going into a long hang kip and then into an inverted giant. I flew through the rest of my routine and dismounted with a double double. (A/N: Just look up Gabby Douglas' bar routine from Olympic Trials on youtube... that's basically the routine)

I stuck the dismount and saluted with a grin on my face. I walked down the stairs and gave Shaw a hug.

"Your lines were very good and you had amazing height on your releases. Now take off your grips and put your sweats on. You're third to last in the beam rotation."

"Ok sounds good. Should I visualize a few routines?"

"Yup. 3 routines- stuck no wobbles for visualization."

Aly and I sat together in splits and visualized through routines.

"You did really good" I started but was cut off when Aly's coach came over to get us.

"Girls take your sweatpants off and warm up flight series on the mats."

I stuffed my sweats in my backpack and jumped up and down a couple times then I walked over to the beam area with Aly.

"Ready for this?"

"Nope not at all" I replied back with a nervous grin.

Aly's flight series is relatively simple- back handspring layout, but most of her difficulty is in the rest of her skills.

My flight series is back handspring back handspring layout full. So basically, during the layout, I twist I complete time around and land with two feet on the beam.

We worked our tumbling on lines on mats and then it was Aly's turn to compete. Her whole routine was really strong and solid. A lot of her difficulty comes from the dance type skills that she has in her routine. My difficulty comes from the tumbling and acrobatic skills throughout the routine.

I saluted to the judge and ran into a round off, punching the board with my feet and twisting my body half way around in a pike to land facing forwards on the beam. Front aerial front pike. Pose. Triple turn. Back handspring back handspring layout full. Switch ring leap. Sheep jump. Full twisting back tuck. Straddle jump quarter turn. Triple turn in tuck stand. Pose. Liukin. Turn. Roundoff double back pike with a full twist. Salute.

It's all muscle memory. I grinned hearing the arena scream my name.

"That routine was perfect!" Aly screamed after I came back down into the pit.

"Thanks! It felt amazing!"

"Good job kiddo!" Coach said giving me a hug.

Aly and I walked back over to our bags together. Her arm was over my shoulder and my arm was around her waist. (A/N: EWWWW NOT LIKE THAT PERVS.... HAHA)