Chapter 22 Camp Horror

Start from the beginning

Maybe going over Jakes letter wouldn't be a bad idea. I know I want to forget but those letters just keep toughing on the back of my mind. I got up and went into my drawe to pull them out. I didn't want to read the letters by myself this time. It was best if we all took a look to see what they meant. 

"Danielle are you still up?" "Yeah, why?" "I know we said that we will forget it but I can't." "I understand because I can't stop thinking about it." "I know." "It's just that Cash body lying in that cave. I keep seeing that over and over. What if that was us? And how can we forget something like that La'Rayna how could we?" "I don't know." "That was no accident someone had to do that to him. What if they are still out there." "I know Danielle we have to go talk to Shawn." "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go." 

In Shawns cabin

"Come on guys I thought we were giving that stuff up." "We were but something isn't sitting right with me." "Yeah and I'm going to side with Rayna on this one. We found a body in the woods and nobody did a thing about it. Doesn't that frighten you." "Okay, so what are we supposed to do we didn't find anything. Where do we start." "Kirk was there years ago."

"Uh," Kirk said while stuffing marshmallows down his throat. "Kirk you don't remember anything about the year Melissa brother went missing I mean you were there." "Yeah, but I was only five. I don't remember that." "Can you think of something I mean there is a brain in there right?" Danielle said. "Guys seriously it's not the time to argue."

"Shawns right. And I have a really bad feeling somethings going to happen." "Where do we start then?" "Jakes letters. The ones we found in cabin six." "My only problem with that is how did his letters end up in cabin six in the first place. Wasn't that cabin supposed to be closed down for years?" "The camp opened in the 1970s. The cabins were labeled differently. Years ago when Melissa was five her brother went missing because he was going to look for his friend. The camp covered the story up. Whats going on now is the exact same thing that happened to Jake years ago." Kirk stated. "How do you know this?" "The song."

Danielle and I headed back to our cabin. There was nothing more that we could do. Jakes letters explained it all. I just can't believe all of that was going on. None of it didn't explain his disappearance. But could Jake be the killer? Could he be the reason why people have been gone missing? If he was I could understand why. It certainly explains Melissa situation. But there's no evidence point to him. Maybe it was just a warning. 

"Rayna." "Yes." "What do you think is going to happen?" "I'm not sure." She took a deep breath. "Look, I just want to say that if anything happens." I could sense that she was preparing to tell me a be safe goodbye type speech. "No, don't say that." "But I just want." "Danielle I know I have a bad feeling about everything but I don't know. Maybe its all in my head." "What about Cash and the letters." "I understand that but." I didn't even have to finish she understood. "Yeah well, I'm going to shower." "Yeah me too a hot one." "Most defetily." 

After our shower, we both just laid in bed. I was reading a book called the 'Let the Circle be Unbroken'  while Danielle flips through pages of her fashion magazine. I was reading but I really wasn't reading. I get what Danielle was saying before and I don't blame her because I still have those same feelings. I just want them to go away. I just want to go home. 

"Only a few more weeks left. it's going to be alright." I'm guessing she could sense my uneasiness. "I know I'm just ready to leave now." "We can't do anything about that. Do you want me to go get Shawn." "Yes please." Anytime I was feeling down Shawn was the only one that could make me feel better.

Danielle came back in with Shawn and Kirk. Who knows why Kirk decided to follow along. "La'Rayna are you okay?" "I just want to go home." He took his hand to move some hair out of my face. "It's going to be alright okay. We only have a few weeks left of camp and then we can go home." "I don't know I just feel like something bad is going to happen." He looked at me with wide eyes then hugged me. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I can promise you that." He whispered in my ear. "I promise you."