Pt.3

No, no, no, no, no. Mistakes were made, mistakes have been made. After a while of playing the game Jungkook bought for both of you, he was insisting that he would definitely beat you in a game of Mario Kart and it started to annoy you. And yes, he did win a few rounds, the bastard obviously choosing Waluigi and deciding to end the game with fucking Rainbow Road, your weakness. You both were tied in the amount of wins, so this was all or nothing.

And, as you watch your character miserably fall off the map and the grip on your controller probably breaking at any second, you fight the urge to punch poor Taehyung who had accidentally distracted you when he asked if you wanted cookies. Who you would definitely punch, though, was Jungkook, who was laughing maniacally beside you as he gripped his own controller firmly in his hands.

Your palms were sweaty, but thankfully you had been ahead of Jungkook after throwing a blue shell at him while he was in the lead, so you still had a chance. Right? Right.

As you watched your character be dropped onto the road once again, you slammed your thumb onto the speed button and watched the karts' wheels hurriedly spin as you gained speed. You grunted as Jungkook started boasting about his position, "Guess who's in first place, Y/N?" You could tell he was grinning and you wanted to desperately swipe that grin off his face. You cursed under your breath as you just barely avoided a green shell an NPC had shot at you. By then, you were in second place and were catching up to Jungkook.

"Nearly there, muscle-boy!"

"This is the last lap, my dear Y/N. I doubt you have a chance." By the look on his face you could tell he was preparing a speech in his head about how much he's better than you at everything and how he's oh, so great. Prick.

Your screen showed Waluigi's back and you nearly jumped in joy. Nope, you weren't going to alert the boy of your presence in case he had a trick up his sleeve. You definitely did, though. You grinned as you slowed down a tiny bit to keep a moderate distance between you two so you wouldn't be caught up in the blast. You once again slammed your sweaty thumb onto the button as you shrieked a triumphant yell, "Guess who's ahead now?!" and you watched Jungkook's face morph into one of horror as he watched a blue shell hover above him before slamming into his kart, stopping his movement as you sped up and passed him.

The finish line was steadily approaching, and soon he was right behind you. "Not now, no-" You could see that he used a mushroom to go faster- and at this point you could guess that all of the other six guys were on the edge of their seats by the way you saw Jimin's eyes glued to the screen from the corner of your eye- and you just barely got to the finish line in time as "1st" appeared on your side of the screen as you jumped up in victory.

"Yes!" you yell with your fists in the air, "Well, well, well, guess the tables have turned, hm?" You glanced down at the poor boy as you thought back to how much he hated losing. This was a brilliant victory for you, though, so you weren't going to let the opportunity to tease him slip by so easily.

"Oh, shut up, you just barely won." He was pouting with his arms crossed and by then you didn't need to tease him anymore as his hyungs started crowding around him, half cooing at his situation and the other half playfully mocking him. You smiled at the sight, you missed being surrounded by these dorks. Your friendship with them was back to how it used to be, and you couldn't be happier.

The thought made you think back to Jungkook's confession. After what he said, he stared into your eyes with a look you had only seen the first time he confessed he liked you, until he looked away and walked over to god knows where, coming back only to pretend that it never happened. You were trying to push the thought away along with the disbelief that came with it, because how the heck was he still in love with you, when he could literally get anyone else with only a wink and a snap of his fingers? It didn't make sense, but you knew he was serious from the way he was looking at you before. You knew he was pretending it never happened, but wanted you to remember it.