Chapter 1: Cruising

It's the first Chapter YAYYYY

Chapter 1

Cruising

            At last, this day has come. I’m on my way to meet my again my parents after 4 long years of not seeing them. Communication was present, yes. But it’s different when you see them in person.

I’m Joey Brookes, people called me Joey. I have a best friend named Annika Thompson. I am British but currently, I am living in Los Angeles with my best friend with her boyfriend named Matty. I am studying in LA with them. Graduation is fast approaching. After four long years of studying business, I’m ready to face the business world…. Uhm, I guess.

Before I return home, I got a mail from a cruise line. Annika and I won a trip for two on a cruise ship. It was a 3 day – two nights trip! I was really excited for it!

“Annika!!” I screamed and ran to Annika while jumping.              

“Joey, why are you screaming?” she told me. Holding the mail that I just received, I called Annika. Because of my happiness, I accidentally pushed Annika on the floor cause us to fall to the ground.

“We won! A trip!!Somewhere down in South America! OMG Before I go home, we gotta do this Annika! I swear this is once in a lifetime!” I told her as we both got up from falling.

“Joey, are you sure about this? You know, I’m scared of water… deep water.” She rolled off her eyes on the ticket and turned back from me.

“Annika, please?” I begged. But she refused. Other than being afraid of water, she’s going to see her boyfriend Matty that the same day when the cruise will start. It’s their third anniversary together. I can’t give the tickets to them because I’m the one who filled it up and it’s only for two, not for three. Darn.

“Sorry Joey but I can’t.” she told me sadly. “You can go by yourself instead. I’ll be with you next time okay? I promise, don’t wory.” she continued.

I put a frown on my face. Annika hugged me and said that I will be doing great without her.

                                                                        *****

The day came. I was on my own. I didn’t worry a thing because I know I will enjoy it and I will be safe FOR SURE.

I went up to my room and put all my things aside. I walked around the ship and saw different kinds of people. People from different parts of the world. Watching the waves that splashed to the ship ignites me. It was my first time traveling on water.

I went up to see the swimming pool and see little kids playing in the little pool. I enjoyed watching them. After a short while, I got up from where I am sitting and bumped into a guy.

A boy caught my eye. Yes he really did. But it was just a simple glimpse of him. I didn’t bother. Well, kind of tall, a bit tan, black eyes. HANDSOME. His orbs were dark brown that it almost turn to black.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"Don't be it's alright." he answered. He was British. I notice it because of his accent.

We exchanged smiles. He began to talk to me and said, "So you're alone here?"

"Yeah. My bestfriend's supposed to be with me but she couldn't come."

We sat down on the benches that were located outside the ship. So the wind is really cool and it caused my hair to fly away from its place. For quite some time, we talked about little things but it didn’t go deep to personal life. Things like about college, the program I’m taking and school and after college. It’s not that personal right? I don’t know his name, I didn’t even bother asking him. I just feel like not asking. He’s a nice guy to talk to actually. We talked for about half an hour, then I realize that it was time to eat. I haven’t eaten since morning and it’s like 3pm now.

"I gotta go by now. I'm grabbing some food." I told him shyly.

He slightly laughed. "Oh, okay I'll see you around." he answered.

                                                                  *****                                             

The night came and I can feel the sea breeze as it touched gently to my soft skin. The smell of the ocean… the air… Uhmm… it’s refreshing! A simple thought came into my mind... What if I'll meet someone here? I gave a little hush to myself. It’s impossible; it’s just a cruise for a few days, not a cruise to forever after…

"What am I thinking?" I put on my jacket and crossed my arms to make me feel a little bit warm. I titled my head and looked at the skies above me. I noticed there weren’t stars on the sky. I frowned and looked at the dark ocean instead.

A few moments passed, lightning came, and thunder came after it. A storm was coming. We were in the middle of the ocean. I was scared. I wasn’t expecting this to happen, neither the people in this ship will.

Big waves are coming after the ship. People were panicking, I did too. I immediately got a life jacket to save myself. I ran as fast as I could. I went to my cabin and got some portable things that I could bring. I know the situation's complicated already but it's urgent and maybe it's useful... running my way outside the cabin where I know this can’t do anything to save me, maybe. Adrenaline came through me I just ran until I ended up against loads of people falling and screaming. I was really scared. I didn’t want to die yet. It’s too soon….

People pushing, screaming out loud, children were looking awful. I can see that some people are already falling off out of the ship and some people are dying. IT'S NO GOOD SIGN. I tried to save myself.

I didn’t have any choice. I decided to jump off the ship. I was struggling from the waves and other objects that are present on the ocean.

 “You can do this Joey, you’re a strong woman right? You can survive anything!” I told myself. I felt a severe pain on my head, and when I touched it, blood was there.

The fact that I’m still on water, I now feel hopeless. I think I’m not going to survive this…

Will anyone save me? Anyone?? Cruising alone isn’t a good idea at all. Cruising yes is nice but it didn’t plan that it would be like this…

I’m dying in pain. Not making the right decisions. I shouldn’t have come. I should have gone back to London back with my parents. I should have listened to Annika.

Now I’m LOST. IN A POINT OF NO RETURN.