Sighing rather happily from her strange task, she leaned her head against his shoulder and shut her eyes. "Lomil ghelekh," Náriel said quietly.

Thorin frowned lightly and leaned his head away from hers and looked down at her. She looked up and sheepishly smiled up at him. Looking thoughtful, he tilted his head to the side and looked out of the window. Briefly he watched the falling snow, before looking back at her. "You continued to learn Khuzdul?" He asked as simply as he could, he was trying to fathom out why she would do such a thing. He for sure hadn't remembered anything of the Sindarin which she had attempted to teach him.

Náriel looked at him like his whole question was idiotic. "Yes."

"Why?"

Náriel smirked and shut her eyes. "Why not?"

"That's not an answer." He said while giving her a gentle poke, only this action caused her to laugh. He may have just accidentally poked her in the side which slightly tickled. When Náriel still refused to give a proper answer he repeated this action and received more laughter and rather weak attempts at pushing away.

In the end, Náriel managed to spring from his lap and run away from the window seat. Finding safety on the bed, she slowly sat down and crossed her legs. Leaning her chin against her hands, she looked to him. "Do you remember our first conversation?"

"Such as it was." Thorin commented while turning and looking at her fully.

Náriel frowned. "I had only learned a few phrases. I picked up another language better than you." She smirked when he in turn frowned at her words.

"So, you continued to learn so we could have a more in depth conversation?" Thorin stood and walked over and knelt down in front of her. "Why when we both share a language already?" He asked simply, they did after all both speak perfect Westron as did everyone else they knew.

Náriel pouted, though he did have a point. Náriel sighed and pushed away from her hands. Putting her hands on his shoulders, she smiled. "Because I find your language interesting. I told Balin a similar thing years ago when I was trying to persuade him to teach me." She paused and her smile grew. "That and you're all so protective over it. Keeping it secret, and all hush-hush..." Thorin just shook his head slowly at hearing this. "I just wish to expand my vocabulary." She nodded, removing her hands, she shuffled backwards and made room for him to sit beside her.

Leaning against the headboard, Thorin gestured a hand to her, she moved forwards and soon found herself back to being wrapped up in his arms. "How did you continue to learn?" He asked genuinely interested in her answer.

"Erebor wasn't the only place with an expansive library, I have you know." She leaned away from his chest and looked up at him. "Mirkwood has one too. And hidden away there were a few texts which involved your language. I had learned enough from my excellent teacher to continue furthering my knowledge."

Thorin mused over this and rested his head back against hers. "You're very dedicated." He said quietly.

Náriel let out a confused noise and fidgeted slightly. Moving away, she looked up at him again. "There's nothing wrong with being dedicated. Least of all to learning."

"Just learning?"

Náriel smiled and leaned back against him. "If I somehow managed to tackle the over confident, somewhat smug dwarf-Prince, surely I could tackle the somewhat tricky language of Khuzdul?"

"Over confident and somewhat smug." Thorin mumbled quietly much to Náriel's humour, she laughed and shook her head. Out of all things he picked up on that.

"But caring. Sweet, thoughtful...considerate...charming, handsome...proud..." Náriel trailed off quietly and thoughtfully. It wasn't until she was silent for a few more moments that he realised she had drifted off to sleep. Running a hand through her hair, he kissed the top of her head gently before settling down too.