I worried for her, this war is big and getting her involved would just mean th-

'No stop'

Athena stopped me from thinking the worse yet I saw her look down and whimper slightly at the thought. Even my chest ached from thinking about it. I was getting too lost in my emotions again, I promise myself that I was done yet here I was again.

I can't let myself be in l- I thought watching as Athena slightly shook her head.

'You know it's already too late' She answered.

Athena, I don't know what I'll do if we lose her too This time she whimpered because she understood and so did I.

A hand rested on mine breaking me out of my thoughts, her warmth somehow managing to calm the wild thoughts swirling in my mind. I looked up to find Lamia looking at me worriedly. I sat up on my chair and smiled assuringly at her. "Just sleepy" I lied beating myself up after. Now I was lying to our mate, what was next?

I shook my head still feeling her eyes on me, I held her hand in mine and nodded assuringly this time, thankfully it convinced her so she returned to her conversation with Casie. I sighed quietly trying not to let her see how worried I was.

"Your Majesty" Thank the goddess that Maximus came in and inform me that I needed to prepare for later. I stood up without glancing at anyone  and simply left the room.

We walked down the halls as royal guards who noticed my presence walked behind me. I directed myself towards the training room seeing men and women train early in the morning. I smiled seeing their determination to win their battle and in doing so, the war. They were stronger than before, perfect stance and strong attacks.

"Phase 2 has commenced, soldiers of the war has been summoned to each training room" I nodded my head at Maximus and continued to look around seeing the room I was in, fill with more women and men. I turned towards Maximus with a knowing look.

"She will be in battle room 7" I rested my lips in a thin line making my way from room 1 to room 7 with my hands rested behind my back. As I walked down the halls, I saw more soldiers training and hearing their screams, their swords clashing and the sound of falling on the sand. They all brought me back when soldiers of the previous war used to train day and night in these exact same battle rooms.

Now they're gone.

I stopped on my tracks receiving a confused look from Maximus. My ear was ringing as my chest pounded louder and louder. I lost my balance as I stumbled feeling Maximus grab my arm. I could hear the screams get louder and louder, sounds of cries from my right ear to my left ear. I held the side of my head wanting the noise to silence yet my wish was not granted as noises only grew louder. I looked at Maximus helplessly as he mouthed words i couldn't hear. They were silenced by the loud noises that were filling my ears.

'There's too many!'

'They're too strong Your Majesty!'

Voices of past soldiers rang in my ear. My breathing was getting faster and faster until I had to gasp for air. I could still feel the cut on my shoulder from a slice of a sword, I could feel the bruise on my body and the aching of my feet and legs.

All the feelings I kept inside bursted it's way out of my head, all these emotions overwhelming me. I looked up from my blurred eyes seeing Maximus talk to me and hold both my hands yet I could no longer hear him, just the muffled noises. I fell down on my back with my eyes wide open as I brought my knees to my chest.

'I'm sorry, Your Majesty'

'For the North!'

I rocked myself back and forth as the voices got louder. Then there she was.