Chapter 5- The Hunt

<POV- Narrator>

"You're sure they flew that way?" Joash asked his men who had spotted Iris and Michael as they escaped.

"Yessir, she teleported myself on top of the others and knocked us all down after I fell into the chasm there," the soldier replied.

"Wait, she saved you?" Joash asked, confused.

"Well, yeah I guess so, uh... sir! I jumped in an attempt to get to the other side but came up a little short. I just kept falling and soon found myself on top of the others, so I just assumed it was her," he explained.

"Huh, maybe we have the wrong idea about her. But she did injure some of my men, and for that crime she should be punished. Unless of course they don't press charges," Joash thought aloud.

Rick was returning from having nearly completed the construction of a ship he and his men were building. He overheard what Joash said, then leaned to the thug on his right. "Should this 'captain' get any softer, we may need to cross him off and take the girl ourselves. If, I mean, when I give the signal, we will do just that, understand?"

"No prob boss," the thug grinned.

"Spread this among the others so that we're all coordinated," Rick finished up.

"One more thing," Rick continued. "We'll need to get rid of Girth first..." he said, pointing at an oversized man that was carrying a huge log towards the ship. It was Joash's second in command to him.

"Got it," the thug smiled. He then returned to the ship to spread the word.

Up in the branches of the tree they had been talking under, Ronin sat there, sharpening a strangely yet articulately crafted blade. "I wouldn't do that if I were you..." he trailed off, then grinned as he continued sharpening his sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, on the island paradise Michael and Iris had discovered, a cool breeze swept in, signaling the coming of a rain storm. The villagers had it down to a science; they packed up their outdoor equipment, got the animals safe in their shelters, then made sure every last person was inside. The village men went around boarding the windows so they wouldn't break in the storm. Michael assisted with the tasks, and eventually entered the town hall/diner. Everyone in the village was there so they could still spend time together. The children were mostly downstairs playing, while most of the adults were upstairs eating, playing cards or other table games, or just talking.

Iris was sitting at a booth with a large window, staring out at the rain. These windows had not been boarded up due to the fact that they were the strongest ones the islanders had invented. Plus, if any of them did break, everyone was there to help with repairs.

Michael sat in the booth on the opposite side of the table from Iris. "Gold nugget for you thoughts?" he asked with a small smile.

"The rain is beautiful," she replied simply.

Michael was somewhat confused, due to the fact that water hurt her. "There was something you said a few days ago that's stuck with me. I just thought now would be a good time to bring it up," Michael began.

"What is it?" Iris asked.

"Well, it was when you said you wished you could run around in the rain, then your mood changed. You looked sad. I don't mean to pry, but would you care to elaborate?" Michael asked nicely with concern in his eyes.

Iris smiled, then it disappeared after a few seconds. "No, it's okay. Let me go to the start: before an Enderling fully matures, water doesn't effect us too much. I think it has something to do with our particles. There maybe a slight burning sensation, but that depends on how sensitive one of us may be. Anyways..." she paused briefly. "My parents and I used to live in a village in a great kingdom. I can't remember which server, but we had traveled there after Enderlings were being hunted in other servers after the Ender wars ended. Anyways, in the kingdom we lived in, I met a boy. He was the son of the king's right hand man. We met when we were about six. We grew up together. And, although I was supposed to keep our 'End citizenship' a secret, I told him one day when we were about thirteen. Well, I was, he was fifteen. We fell in love that year..." her eyes began to water.