"Penny" I began to say completely dazed from my recent feeding.

"No more" he said as he softly blinked. I nodded understandingly as he backed up.

"I'll be back" he said and I knew he was going hunting. I waved goodbye, not wanting to witness another blood bath caused by Penny. It was only then that I realized his chest was glowing as well as mine. It's as if they glowed together. He disappeared before my eyes and I sat on the kitchen counter for a couple more minutes.

I lowered myself onto the floor and made my way to the bedroom but was stopped when I heard my doorbell ring. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I looked at the clock.

2:24 am

I quietly and cautiously made my way to the door, looking through the peephole first. My eyes widened at the site of Derek. I opened the door quickly with a concerned look.

"Lola, hey sorry I know it's late" he said as he looked at me with his soft green eyes.

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright, since you didn't answer me and all" he said, almost whispering the last part.

"Oh.. I'm fine, sorry I've been busy" I lied as my eyes gravitated downwards towards his hands. He was carrying a white styrofoam container.

"Brought you those waffles you liked so much from the diner" he said with a cheesy grin as he brought the container up to his face. I forced a smile at the sudden act of kindness.

"Oh wow" I said with an awkward chuckle. He was wearing a burgundy Christmas sweater with a faded polar bear design.

"Cute sweater" I complimented trying to break the silence.

"Thanks, it was my grandfathers favorite holiday sweater" he said looking down at it before looking back up at me with a genuine smile.

"Who's hungry?" He said as he picked up the container once again, a light chuckle slipping from his lips. Before I could reply, he had let himself into my warm apartment. I was about to objectify before he placed a finger on my lips, catching me off guard.

"Now before you say no, you owe me this" he said with a pout as he pointed to the ground. He made his way into the kitchen and set the food on the counter. He opened it up and I was immediately hit with the scent of sweetness.

"Your girlf-" I began to say before he cut me off again.

"We broke up a while back" he said.

"You would've known if you had kept in touch with me" he said with an amused smile. I smiled back weakly before taking a seat next to him.

"Your house smells like hot chocolate, did you make some?" Derek asked as he sniffed around.

My body stiffened as I remembered penny had just been here and could be back at any moment.

"Y-yeah earlier" I lied as Derek shoved the plate of food towards me.

"Eat" he said with a nice smile. I grabbed the plastic fork it came with and began to take slow bites.

"How have you been?" He asked as he looked at me eat. His hands were crossed with one another as he sat them on top of the counter.

"Good" I said coming out like a muffle from the food that was in my mouth. I swallowed hard as he spoke up again.

"That's always good to hear" he said softly as he laid his hand on top of mine.

"Yeah" I said politely, as I removed my hand quickly.
Placing a strand of hair behind my ear, I tried to play it off. He cleared his throat awkwardly before he adjusted himself in the seat.

"Did you hear about that guy that was found amputated in the quarry?" He asked with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked not really paying attention as I continued to stuff the waffles in my mouth. They were good and I was hungry.

"Yeah, they found some guy just floating in the water at the quarry. All his limbs were torn off. His name was Morgan or something like that" he said.

" Norman.." I said slowly as my heart stammered against my chest. I pushed the food away from me quickly.

"Yeah that.." Derek said giving me weird look.

"Anyways" he continued as I looked down at the table in a shocked and scared trance.

"What kind of sick fuck would do that?" he added as he shook his head in disapproval.

After a moment of awkward silence, I spoke up.

"Did they.. y'know, find anything?" I asked with concern dripping in my voice. I tapped the table with the tip of my fingers nervously.

"No, he was fingerprint and evidence clean" he said with a sigh.

"They're adding it to the rest of the unsolved murders here in Derry" he said.

"I wonder if it's all one serial killer" he continued.

"If it is, that's one sick person" he added. I felt my hands become clammy as the fork slipped from my fingers, but I was able to catch it before it fell.

"In good news, children stopped disappearing" he said. I let out a shaky breath as I clutched onto the plastic fork that I still had in my hand.

"You okay?" Derek asked with a concerned expression.

"You need to go" I said abruptly, standing up.

"Hey hey hey, did I say something wrong? Did I freak you out?" He asked as his hands gently grabbed my shoulders.

"I'm just delicate with these kinds of things and I don't feel good" I said as I felt myself become nauseated. I stumbled back, almost falling over but Derek was able to catch me.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay? You look pale" he said as he sat me down on the seat once again.

"No I'm fine. It's late.. you should go" I said a bit more relaxed this time. He looked at me hesitantly before nodding his head.

"Alright, get some rest" he said softly before grabbing his coat. I heard his keys jingle in his hands as he made his way to the door.

"Call me if you need anything" he said with a warm smile and a small wave before heading out the door, closing it gently behind him. I closed my eyes and exhaled in relief that he was finally gone and safe before Penny had arrived. I made my way to the couch and turned on the tv to try and distract myself. After about 30 minutes, I heard the sound of jingling and I snapped my head towards the door, expecting to see Derek. When I didn't see anything, I realized I could see penny's lanky figure in my peripheral vision. He was standing still by the window.

I could hear his heavy breaths as his suit was drenched in blood and what seemed to be drool. I looked at him in shock as he stood there. His face was turned into a scowl and it was very clear he was unhappy.

"Penny? I asked careful not to trigger him.

"I told you to stay away" he said.
I gave him a confused look.

"To stay away from him" he snarled. It then hit me that he was talking about Derek.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked trying to play dumb.

"I can smell him on you" he grunted as his eyes became so dark, they looked red.

"Pe-" I began to say before he cut me off.

"Tsk tsk tsk" he mocked as his teeth began to grow into sharp fangs.

"Now you'll both have to pay"