CHAPTER XI- STAY AWAY FROM ME (Updated)

Xander's POV

My phone pinged with a message and I opened it.

"The Queen's chambers and everything is set My King." One of my head maid texted me. Even though she could've mindlinked me but I've informed her before that I don't want her to do that unless it's emergency. It's already too much of a hassle in my head.

I switched off the cell to look towards my beautiful mate to see that she is half way asleep leaning towards the window.

I gently placed her head on my lap and scooted towards the corner to make room for her to sleep. I smoothed her hair away from her face and she shuddered in response. I smiled a small smile.

There's still time to reach our destination. She snuggled to me and I lifted her legs on the seat so that she's comfortable.

I thought about the time I spent with her yesterday and I felt warm all over. But I've to avoid being in a same room with her or else I won't be able to stop myself. I have to be cold and distant with her so that she won't get hurt.

I know how much it pained me when she asked me to give a chance on us and it took all my strength to stay away from her since morning. And that's why I've arranged a different chamber for her. All though our chambers are on the same floor I still don't want her in my room or else I'll give into her very easily.

My wolf is furious at me but he understands me. I've waited for her since so many years and now that she is here I won't let her go. I'll keep my distance with her so that she is safe. So that she doesn't have to deal with a monster and beast of a mate. In other words me.

We soon entered my territory and I glanced at my beauty to see she was sound asleep.

My driver parked the car towards the entrance.

"Shailene, wake up." I said slowly in her ear and she stirred while mumbling something. I shook her a bit but she was still asleep.

My driver opened the car door to my side and I gently lifted her head off my lap and went out. I slowly lifted her in my arms and she snuggled into me. I felt something stir in me looking how innocent and safe she felt while I lifted her.

Nathan and Bella with their kids have already reached and I think they are in their chambers already.

I walked all the way up the stairs to reach the top floor where I live. This floor is only used by me and no one is allowed. Not even Nathan.

Even though there's elevator to my floor I preferred stairs to spend more time with my mate. But still it was short lived.

"Shailene, wake up? I looked behind to see that my driver was following me and I glared at him but I understood when I saw he was carrying the box of strawberries. I nodded at him when he started to squirm under my gaze.

"Place them here and you can go." I said gruffly and he bowed before moving out of my way.

I shook her a little bit and then she opened her beautiful blue eyes. She looked so beautiful. I loved her hair. They were long and fierce red just like her personality.

"What are you doing?" She asked in her sleepy voice.

"Um, carrying you." I said trying to keep my cool.

She looked at her surroundings and her eyes widened in realisation. I set her down immediately missing her warmth and her intoxicating scent.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I tried but you refused to wake up." I said curtly. She nodded her head and I could see slight redness grazing her cheeks.

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Come I'll show you your chamber and then you can go to sleep."

She nodded her head and followed me as I pushed open the doors of her chamber.

"This is your chamber. Some of your clothes have already been arranged into the closet." I motioned towards the walk in closet.

"I didn't know how you preferred your things to be kept so they are still in your suitcases. You're maids will arrive in the morning to help you set up all the things." I said to her and she just nodded at me.

"We sleep in different chambers." She whispered in realisation and my heart churned. How much I wanted to sleep with her again. I only sleep for maximum four hours and after so many years I slept for more than eight hours. I felt good, energised. And moreover happy. But I can't be selfish.

"My chamber is next to yours, if you need anything then just call me I'll be there. You'll have maids for you from tomorrow to help you with whatever you need."

She just looked at me with broken feeling and I felt to take her in my arms but I controlled myself.

"Good night." I said and started to make my way out of her chambers.

"Xander." She called out slowly and I could hear with how much pain she took my name.

"Hmm." I said not looking towards her face.

"Give me a chance." She said the exact same words she said before.

"I'm no safe for you amica mea."

"Stay away from me." I added at last and left her chamber. I could hear her whimpering.

I hated the Moon. Why does she have to do this to me? Why can't I love my own mate? I went inside my chamber and removed my clothes. I went to the mirror and looked at my tattoo. I smiled a broken smile when I remembered my mate tracing it so
lovingly.

She called me her Dark Beast. Of course I'm hers, the moment I looked into her eyes I knew that every part of me belonged to her.

I sighed in exasperation and went in the bathroom to take a shower to get my thoughts settled.

After I was done with the shower I didn't bother drying myself and sprawled on my bed and drifted to sleep.

Here's another update as I promised.

I reached 715 reads today

Love you all, keep reading and voting.

Date; 14 Oct 2k17