X

Introducing Freddy Mercury and Queen. An awesome song. So sad, so beautiful and just the song to set the tone. 

Erika screamed as the explosion rocked them. Men could be heard shouting. Ragnar in particular could be heard yelling orders at the men. Erika, who had been sitting in Haldor's lap, jumped at the first sounds of the fight.When a second, smaller explosion rocked the house's foundation, she screamed. 

"Why won't all of this just stop? Why can't he just leave me alone? I want to be free!" Erika leaned her head on Haldor's broad shoulder and cried. "All Father, please let this be over. I'm tired of not knowing who I am anymore. Please let this end, soon." As Erika finished speaking, another much smaller explosion occurred, knocking the armory door off of it's hinges. When the smoke cleared, he entered.

"There you are, you stupid girl. I have had my fill of hunting and killing you. This time, I will kill you both. That way, I can finally have my rest. I'm tired of chasing you through the ages. My death will only happen when there is no chance of you being reborn. Therefore, if I kill the reason for your rebirth, then you will have no reason to be born again." The grin on his face could only be described as malevolent and feral.

Before her stood the embodiment of her nightmares and the reason for her many deaths. Haldor looked at the man responsible for turning his life upside down. Deciding he had had enough, he leveled the compound crossbow that he was holding at the assassin's chest and fired. As he did, the assassin's own weapon fired. Sending both men to the ground. Erika screamed as she watched Haldor go down. The bullet fired from the assassin's gun tearing through his chest. Getting on her knees next to him, she found the strength to lift his shoulders and place his head in her lap.

"Don't leave me. I can't be without you. Not now. Not when I just found you. Please Haldor, please! Don't leave me.!" Erika didn't realize that she was screaming as she pleaded with him. 

"Erika, come on. We have to go. The house is going to fall down on top of us if we don't leave soon. Come on, honey. We have to go." Ragnar gently lifted a broken Erika in his arms and ran out of the house.

"NO! NO! NO! Take me back. I want to be with him! Take me back, dammit!

"Erika, stop! He wouldn't want you to die with him. I've sent men in to retrieve his body. Don't worry love. I wouldn't leave him in there. Come on, I'll have the medic give you a sedative to calm you down." Ragnar began walking over to a black headed man, who in turn nodded his acknowledgement. 

Erika just lay in Ragnar's arms. There was no point in struggling or telling him not to give her the shot. Everything that she cared about was down in the armory of their home. The remains of it anyway. She tuned her head to look at the house and saw Haldor being carried out on a stretcher. Just as the men carrying him cleared the worst part of the debris, they set him down and began to do chest compressions. Her mind, traumatized from the evening's event could not comprehend what she was seeing and as the injection of the sedative began to take effect, darkness overtook her.