As I hid in the alley I thought about my options. I pulled my backpack off and looked at what I had inside.

After about two minutes of looking I sighed in defeat. This day couldn't get any worse. All I had on me was one fatman shell (mini nuke) which would effectively kill me since I had no way to propel it, and roughly 250 rounds of 5.56 nato for my rifle.

"The only reason I'm even here is because I'm starving!" I put all my crap back into my pack and grabbed my rifle. Time to do something stupid.

I popped out from behind my cover and was greeted by a glowing set of foot long claws came at me shredding my RAD suit and cutting deep into my stomach.

I screamed in agony and jumped back running on adrenaline. Running down the alley way I found an unlocked door and went inside.

"Fuck me." I said as I pulled my hand from my chest to see blood and green glowing water run off it. Well I was screwd four ways to Sunday but at least I wanted to die with a full stomach. I jabbed myself with my last stimpack and discarded the empty syringe. 'Well that gave me some time.' I thought as I stared to cautiously explore this building.

It was an old office building from the looks of the main lobby and looking at the receptionist's terminal said to keep visitors away from the basement elevator.

"Well I'm doomed anyway." I said as I found said elevator.  

Looking it over and pressing the down arrow proved fruitful. "Hu, this place still has some power left to power this elevator and a terminal." I said to myself sarcastically as the doors closed as I picked the only button on the wall.

I started feeling light headed and braced myself against the wall. When the damn things finally stopped moving and the doors opened I started loosing my vision in my left eye.

The air was stale down on this floor as well as dark. With half my vision working it was even harder. Coming up to a left or right passage I found a shard of metal that I could flip. 

Turning to the left proved to only allow me to pass several more closed and locked doors as I began to get more light headed from the blood loss. 

I came up to a door that was slightly ajar and I could peek inside. The room was lit up compared to everything else in the building and had what looked to be a decontamination ring in the middle with a control panel with glowing lights.

'What could go wrong? I mean my luck can't get any worse right?' I thought as I opened the door slowly. More lights flickered to life and dust fell from the ceiling. There seemed to be a small almost inaudible hum in the air from the use of power.

I looked over at the control panel as nothing else seemed to exist in the room.

The panel itself had dates on it and a power switch and it said that it was linked to the 'object'.

I moved the date rollers until April 3 2017 appeared. 'Well this is strange.' I thought and pressed the accept button on the panel. The strange looking ring began to glow and fizzle as what looked like a portal had formed. 

Looking at it I walked through and and world went dark as incredible pain swept through my body and I blacked out

-------------

Ok so Im going to intergect in the middle of the chapter/part. I know I suck and I don't want to take up to much of your time, but I have to explain some things.

1. This flashback is going to last a while. 2. Im going to try to update this book every week or so. 3. I will use the * every time I switch languages if you haven't noticed already. Then at the end of the chapter or somthing I will use the * again in its own line and that will tell you what was said./

Thank you. This shouldn't happen again.

--------------------

When I came to the air was full of what smelled like bleach and a rather annoying beeping.

"Will someone turn that shit down or off?" My voice came out quite and raspy but the beeping did go away. Someone also handed me a glass of something and when I opened my eyes I shut them again and made a sound I never had before. I hissed.

I heared some scrambling and I slowly reopened my eyes so they could get used to the bright light.

"What are you? You smell strange and your eyes are glowing." The person said and I looked over to them to see a female in doctor's clothes and an empty glass in her hand. 

"I'm as human as the day I was born from my human mother and father. Why would my ey-" I stopped and looked over where the claw marks should be. "What the hell?! I should be dead!" Looking at my chest there was nothing but three faint pink scars.

"When we found you there was blood and green goo everywhere and it was radioactive. We cleaned you but couldn't find anything wrong with you. We should be asking that question." She was looking at me expediently and I could only shake my head at her.

If I was truly in 2017 then no one would know what a deathclaw was. "I got attacked by a large lizard and got scratched rather badly in a heavily irradiated area. That why I was in the suit. Also can I have my stuff back?" I stated and sat up unhooking the vile machine from my body.

"There are no places on earth except Chernobyl that have that much radiation, nor are there any lizards on earth to make claw marks like that." She got past her initial fear and walked back up to me.  "What aren't you telling me?"

Damn she was good if she saw that I was holding back info.

"cannot tell a soul what I tell you, ok?" She nodded her head. "I come from the year 2277 where the world was annihilated by nuclear fire and I was in Boston in what is referred to as the 'glowing sea' There I was looking for food and got caught by a deathclaw, A giant lizard, and it broke my suit. I found a time machine and now I'm here." I said in a summed up version and she seemed to think it over.

"Well that explains the yellow suit and the faint claw marks. But that story does not sound true. There is no such thing as a 'glowing sea' or 'deathclaw'. It seems too convenient. I have to go talk to someone at the moment I'll be back." She turned and left leaving me not overly surprised at her reaction.

Once the door closed I got up and began to look over the room. Nothing to exiting and I did find my bag. Everything was still there too. Even the warhead. I changed into some spare clothes and looked out the window the see nothing but forest. 

I heard the door open and two pairs of foot steps enter. I turned around and looked at the new man.

"I am the leader here and I see that you seem well. I would like you to leave or you can stay until you seem like you can head out on your own." The man said and he seemed to be hinting more towards the first option. 

"I think I'm going to stay for a month or two before I go out. There aren't that many settlement between here and where I wish to go." As soon as the words left my mouth I felt stupid.

"Well then that's fine but don't go out at night." The man said as a hint of yellow appeared in his eyes and just a swiftly dissipated.

"I never caught your name?" I asked just as he was leaving.

"Jasper." He said leaving me alone with the doctor.

"Well, can you show me where I will be staying? Or do I have to find out on my own?" I asked looking over at her and she nodded her head in an answer.

------------------------

Thanks for reading chapter I. I will make further edits in the future and I have decided I will make ten chapters or parts then I will edit them for a week. 

Again I say thank you. Have a beautiful day or night!