Beau Bennett

"Come on! Finish strong!" Sid yells, taking the puck and dumping it in the other end. 

The Penguins are playing against the Flyers, and they’re down, 4-0. It’s been a rough game. There have been some hard hits, and the Pens were not on their game. It was sad to see them lose like this, especially in Philly. 

Your boyfriend, Beau, was playing his first game back from injury. He had driven to Philly, just so you could go to an away game with him. He wanted to make you proud by winning, and he had been determined to do so. 

Currently, Beau is on the bench. He watches the clock go down to zero, end of the third. He puts his face in his hands as his teammates slam their sticks on the bench as they walk out. 

"Yeah!" The fans yell, drunk as can be. "Stupid ass Pens!"

You take a deep breath, trying not to let them bother you. Grabbing your purse, you jog to the locker room, waiting for Beau.

"They aren’t too happy." Vero says as you walk up. She’s standing outside, listening to the team talk. 

Someone was yelling in French, you couldn’t tell who, and they weren’t happy. 

"Apparently not." You say, standing next to her. "Marc okay?"

Vero shakes her head. “He’s saying that it’s all his fault. The guys are trying to convince him otherwise, but he’s not buying it.”

"Poor guy. He has to know that there are other guys on the ice, and it’s also up to them to help him out. It’s not just on him."

"I’ve been trying to tell him that forever. He won’t listen." 

Before you can say anything else, Beau walks out, shirtless. 

"Hey babe." He says, his voice annoyed. He wraps you in a hug, gives you a quick kiss, and pulls on a jacket. 

You watch him grab his bag, swinging it over his shoulder. He doesn’t say much, but his face says it all. He’s annoyed, and upset that the team didn’t win.

"Ready to go?" He asks, reaching for your hand as you walk to the car. The hotel is not far from where the arena is, and that’s where you’re staying for tonight. 

"Yeah. You want me to drive?" You ask, looking over at him. You don’t want him to drive if he’s in a bad mood. 

He shakes his head. Once you’re at the car, he throws his bag in the backseat, then climbs in next to you.

It’s a quiet ride to the hotel. Beau doesn’t say anything, just keeps his eyes on the road. 

In the hotel, you walk into the bathroom to get changed, leaving Beau in the main part of the room. As you walk out, you see Beau on the bed, watching the post game review. 

Goal after goal is shown on the screen, the Flyers kicking butt. Beau watches silently, head in his hands again. 

You walk over, shutting the TV off.

"What are you doing?" Beau asks, looking up at you. 

"Don’t watch that. You don’t need to." You say, standing in front of him. "It’s not good."

"I can’t believe we lost…" Beau says, hands now on the back of his head. "I wanted to win so badly. If we could only win one game through the entire season, I just wanted it to be this one."

"And why just this one?" You ask, watching him rub his temples. 

"Because you were here. You missed work to go out here and watch me away from home. This game meant everything to me, and I seriously let you down." Beau says, looking up at you sadly. "I just wanted you to be proud of me for this."

You walk over to him, kneeling down in front of him, hand on his knee. “Beau, stop it. Look at me.” He tilts his head up a bit, moving his hands away from his eyes. “I’m always proud of you. Teams have bad games, okay? And this was your bad game.”

"But you missed three days of work to drive out here and watch me. This is different." Beau says, his eyes searching yours. 

"No, it’s not. You win some and lose some. It’s okay." You say, rubbing his knee. "I’m still proud of you. I always am."

He smiles a little, eyes shining at your words. “Really?”

"Always." You stand, giving him a kiss on the head. 

You start to walk away, but Beau grabs you before you can get too far. He brings you into a hug, this one longer than before. He closes his eyes and rests his chin on your head.

"Thank you for coming out here with me." Beau says, kissing your forehead. "I promise, I’ll win the next one for you." 

"Sounds like a plan." You look up at him, grinning. 

Beau kisses you again, squeezes you one last time, then lets go. “Want to go get some dinner?” 

You shake your head, sitting on the bed. “I just want to relax a bit.”

Beau smiles, then walks over to you. He pushes you back on the bed, then climbs on top of you. “Like this?” He smiles seductively down at you.

"You know me so well." You smirk, pulling his face down to yours. 

You lay there for a minute, kissing, before Beau speaks up again. “Who needs a win? I won a long time ago when I met you.”

You smile again. “Hardly compares to winning a game.”

"I still like doing this a little more." Beau says before leaning in for another kiss.