Beau Bennett

"Ready to go?" Beau asks, pulling on a shirt. 

"I’ve been ready for weeks!" You say excitedly. pulling his Stanley Cup Champions shirt over your swimsuit. 

"I know, I’m sorry." He says, grabbing the bags. 

"Don’t be. I know everything was busy after you guys won." You say, walking past him to the door. You slide on your sandals, grabbing the bag with the beach towels in it.

"Well, now I’m all yours." Beau says, kissing your cheek as he walks past you out the door. 

"I like the sound of that." You say, locking the door behind you and bounding down the stairs after him. 

"I do too." He says, smiling as he tosses the bags in the backseat of the Jeep. 

You hop into the drivers seat, adjusting it to get comfortable.

"What are you doing?" Beau asks, putting his arm on the roof of the car and looking down at you. 

You look up at him, confused. “Driving?” 

"Why are you driving?" 

"Because I can." 

"No you’re not. Move over. I wanna drive, I rarely get to do it." Beau whines, poking you. 

"Fine." You laugh, sliding into the passenger seat.

"That’s better." He says, ducking into the car.

"Just drive!" You yell happily, bouncing in your seat.

"Alright, alright!" Beau laughs,backing out of the driveway.

"I’m so excited, I haven’t been to the beach in forever!" You say, swaying around in your seat.

"Calm down there, ya dork." Beau laughs again, putting a hand on the top of your head.

"No!" You say, grabbing his hand.

"Give me my hand." 

You reluctantly let him go, pouting.

"Ready?" He asks, pulling into the beach lot. 

"Yes! I’m ready to kick your butt in volleyball!" You say, hopping out of the car.

"Yeah right. You know I’m better than you at that." Beau says, looking at you from the other side of the car. 

"We’ll just see about that." You smirk, shutting the door.

Beau holds your hand as you walk onto the beach, the sand making your feet slide around. You drop your bags by the water, then pull the volleyball out of the bag.

"This or swimming first?" You ask, throwing the ball up and catching it again. 

"I wanna go swimming. It’s freaking hot." Beau says, pulling his shirt off over his neck.

You pause for a minute, looking at him. “That works!” You drop the ball, slide off your shoes, then walks towards the water.

"Hey, wait a sec!" Beau says, sliding off his sneakers.

"What?" You ask, turning to face him.

"Shirt off. I just got that." He smirks, a mischievous look in his eyes.

You roll your eyes, but take the shirt off, tossing it on the beach towels. “Happy?” You ask, grabbing his hand.

"Very." Beau smirks again, pulling you along.

You step into the water next to Beau, his hand still entwined with yours.

"Mother lover, that’s cold!" Beau yelps, pulling his foot out of the blue water.

"Well yeah, it’s supposed to be." You laugh, both feet in the water now.

"Okay, yeah. Not ready for that." Beau says, stepping back. "Come on, let’s go play volleyball or something."

"Alright, alright." You agree, shaking your feet dry as you step back onto the beach.

Beau runs ahead, gabbing the volleyball. “Come on!” He says excitedly, dragging you over to the makeshift courts.

"Your serve?" You ask, taking your place on the opposite end line.

"Got it." Beau says, getting into position. 

As he throws the ball up in the air, something crawls across your foot. You look down for a second, no longer paying attention to Beau. 

You don’t see the ball come flying towards you, and it smacks you on the side of the head. Your hand flies up, holding the throbbing spot. 

"Oh man, are you okay?" Beau asks, running over to you. He holds your head, looking at you. 

"I’m fine." You say, closing your eyes.

"Are you sure? That looked painful." He says, rubbing where he hit you.

"I’m okay."

"Headache?"

"No."

"Dizzy?" 

"No."

"Alright…keep an eye on it, okay?" Beau asks, kissing your head. 

"Got it." You say, finally opening your eyes.

"Okay, no more volleyball for you. Why don’t we go get some ice cream or something? To help you feel better?" He asks, reaching for your hand.

"Sounds good." You say, walking with him. 

"I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you." Beau says, looking down at you.

"It’s alright. You’ll pay for it later." You smile, kissing his cheek. 

"How so?" He asks, looking down.

"You’ll find out." 

"I look forward to it."