Twenty One

enjoy!

. . .

Professor McGonagall walked into her unusually silent Parenting Class, not expecting the sight that was laid out before her. Every single pair, except for one, was wrapped in each other's embrace with tear stained faces. The professor cleared her throat a bit, lost for words and shocked at the sight of almost all her students in complete misery.

"Well," She spoke softly, thinking carefully about what to say. "I can see almost all of you are fairly upset about what happened yesterday. Your children have disappeared meaning the end of this project has arrived."

Sniffles could be heard from around the room at the mention of the now gone children. The professor took another look around the room, feeling her heart clench at the sad faces of her students- no, her children. These students were her children and McGonagall couldn't even begin to imagine what she would feel if they were all taken from her.

Once again, she cleared her throat, taking a deep breath as well before coming to a decision. "Because I see how this has terribly affected all of you, I'm going to give you all a passing grade. You do not have to worry about doing the stupid report the Ministry has come up with. I'm also cancelling the rest of your exams."

The headmistress looked around the room before continuing. "I will also be speaking to the Minister about some things and I will expect all of you back here in two days so I can let you know of what I spoke to him about. I'm sincerely sorry this has caused you all so much pain and I will do everything in my power to fix it. I bid you all a good rest of your day, see you soon."

And with that Headmistress McGonagall left the room, leaving behind a group of depressed, yet stunned, students.

. . .

Draco and Hermione made their way back to the little apartment they soon wouldn't be able to call theirs. Luckily for them, they didn't really care as the apartment only held sad memories of them with Scorpius and Danielle.

The two made their way back into the bedroom and onto the bed as the parenting class was their last one of the day. Engulfed in the warmth of the covers that were over them, the couple cuddled together. Hermione's head rested on Draco's chest, his arm wrapped tightly around her body bringing her in closer if that was even remotely possible.

They laid there for hours, finally falling asleep after doing absolutely nothing, only to be waken by the sound of children's voices. The couple jumped out of bed and ran toward their door, opening it and running out to see if they were only hearing things. Hermione started crying at the sight in front of her.

. . .

McGonagall's POV

I sent a quick patronous to the minister's office, warning him that I would be showing up in a few seconds. I was incredibly upset. I knew the first moment Raghore told me about the new class that would be implemented it would turn out absolutely horrible.

Sending a message to the deputy headmistress that I was stepping out, I grab my wand before apparating to the Ministry of Magic.

-

"Headmistress McGonagall!" Minister Raghore announced, trying to make it seem as if nothing was wrong as he stood up to greet me.

"Minister," I said sternly, giving him a curt nod before sitting in the seat that was situated in front of his desk.

The Minister cleared his throat and loosened the tie around his neck, clearly scared and observant of how angry I currently was. Once he was sat back down at his desk I folded my hands over my lap and stared him down with a stern gaze until he spoke up.

"S-So Headmistress, what can I help you with today?"

"Well, I have a complaint, a demand, and two things to tell you that you will have absolutely no control over whether you like it or not. I do not care that you are the Minister of Magic and can fire me in a second. You will sit, you will listen, and you will not speak until I am finished."

I waited for something to be said before continuing. "Now, to start with my complaint. Every single one of my students in your stupid parenting class is completely depressed and uninterested in everything except their partner and their disappeared children. I told you that this would happen and I am extremely upset and even pissed off that you did not listen to me and still went through with the incredibly inconsiderate class."

"You will shut down the class whether you like it or not. Those children meant the world to every single one of those students and you just had to take them away from. This class is not safe and should no longer and will no longer take part at Hogwarts."

I took a breath before going on, my face still having a deathly stern stare on it. "You will also not complain or do anything about the fact that I have passed every single one of my students without them having to do the stupid report you created. They have also all been excused from the rest of their exams."

The Minister went to argue but I shut him up with a glare. "And, now, for my demand, which you will find a way to do even if you lose sleep over it. You will give my students their children back if they want them and you will never mess with them again. Those were my children you were messing with and I will not stand for it ever again."

And, with that, I stood up and apparated out of the Ministry of Magic and back to Hogwarts.

. . .

mcgonagall is a complete badass! look at her telling the minister of magic off, protecting her children.

well, i hope you've all enjoyed this story because the next chapter is the epilogue. i've appreciated all of the support throughout my journey of writing this story and i'm so grateful i decided to do this.

thank you all, and see you in the epilogue.

- emma