Four

"I can't believe I'm stuck with Parkinson doing this stupid project," Ron grumbled. They were all hanging out at Harry and Ginny's place, him and Hermione that is.

"Let it go Ron," Hermione sighed for the billionth time. "It's not that bad."

"Not that bad? Not that bad?! It's horrible! She's horrible! I can't stand her!"

"Would you calm down?" Ginny said. "It really isn't that big of a deal. It's not like you're actually married to her."

"Oh Godric, that would be hell," Ron groaned, falling back onto the couch dramatically.

"I'm done talking about this," Hermione announced. "When you're ready to grow up and forget about all the prejudice like the rest of us have then come and find me."

After bidding Harry and Ginny goodbye, Hermione stood up and left the flat walking over to the one she shared with Draco. Taking out the key, she put it into the hole before opening the door and shutting it behind her.

Draco was nowhere to be seen so Hermione walked into the room they shared and into the connected bathroom. She turned on the bath, setting it to a warm temperature and throwing in some bubbles for a bubble bath. She hadn't had one since she was kid and Hermione was feeling a little stressed out because of the pregnancy. She figured a nice bubble bath would calm her down a bit.

. . .

It had been about an hour and Hermione was still in her bath reading when the door to the flat opened. She could hear Draco talking to one of his friends, it sounded like Blaise to her, so she decided it was probably time to get out of the bath and get changed.

Hermione undid the stopper and grabbed a towel, wrapping herself in it as the water drained out of the bath. She grabbed a pair of leggings and an oversized gray sweatshirt, putting those on while redoing her hair into a bun.

Once she was dressed Hermione made her way out of the bathroom and through the bedroom, walking into the living room where she saw Draco and Blaise talking. Feeling like she was intruding, Hermione quickly made her way into the kitchen to make something to eat without them seeing her.

She opened one of the cabinets on the top shelf and stood on her tippy toes, reaching for the waffle mix. It had been about two weeks since she had taken the pregnancy potion and she was already starting to show, her sudden cravings weren't helping anything either.

Her fingers grasped the side of the waffle mix and she almost had it when it toppled over and opened up, all of the mix falling on top of her. Hermione screamed in frustration, causing Draco and Blaise to shoot up from their spots on the couch and run into the kitchen where they found a pregnant, fuming, and waffle mix covered Hermione.

"Shit," Draco mumbled under his breath. He slowly walked over to a now teary-eyed Hermione Granger and carefully took her hand into his own, trying not to upset her anymore than she already was.

"I just wanted some waffles," Hermione sniffled, tears falling down her face. 'Damn hormones,' she thought.

A small smile appeared on Draco's face as he pulled the witch into a hug. "It's alright, love. Blaise and I will make you some, yeah?"

Blaise nodded at the response, already starting to clean up the mix that had spilled out onto the kitchen counter and floor. He also didn't want to upset her more knowing just how fiery she could get.

"How about you go get yourself cleaned up and we'll start making them," Draco said soothingly, careful of his words and tone of voice. Hermione nodded and went to the other bathroom to take a shower since she didn't want to have another bath.

When the witch was gone Blaise looked at Draco with an interested expression.

"What?" Draco asked, confused as to why his friend was looking at him like that.

"Love?"

"Oh, yeah. I dunno," Draco said, shrugging his shoulders. "We've been getting along lately and her pregnancy has made her a bit unaware of her actions and words. We've been like, I dunno, I guess you could say close?"

Blaise raised an eyebrow but dropped the conversation nonetheless, continuing to clean the kitchen while Draco got out another box of waffle mix. He could tell that his friend was starting to develop some feelings for the young witch and he honestly didn't mind. Blaise thought Hermione was a nice girl, he knew that if they tried to pursue an actual relationship she would be able to handle him as well as keep him in line. Hermione challenged Draco and, in Blaise's opinion anyway, that was exactly what he needed.

. . .

Hermione stepped out of the shower to the aroma of waffles. She smiled knowing that soon enough she'd get to stuff her face with the fluffy and buttery deliciousness they were. The witch quickly grabbed another pair of leggings and threw those on along with one of Draco's old Quidditch sweatshirts that he had leant her since they were practically what she was living in these days and she didn't have any of her own to wear.

She then made her way back to the kitchen where a plate of waffles was waiting for her. Hermione's eyes lit up at the sight and she eagerly took a bite out of one of them, not even noticing that Draco and Blaise were both watching her. Soon enough she looked up only to find two pairs of eyes on her, making a blush spread profusely across her cheeks.

"What?" She asked, her mouth still slightly full from the waffle she had previously shoved into it. Draco and Blaise both chuckled, shaking their heads as if to say 'nothing'. Hermione shrugged and went back to eating, not caring what they thought. She was carrying twins after all.

. . .

Later that night after Blaise had left Draco and Hermione were finishing up some homework they had been assigned. Draco had finished before her and had gone to take a shower to get ready for bed. Hermione finished up her homework and then took out a book, wanting to read a few chapters before bed.

She settled herself on the couch and began reading, soon enough falling asleep with the book face down across her chest. When Draco got out of the shower he made his way into their shared room to change before going out to tell Hermione that he was going to bed.

What he didn't expect to find was an uncomfortable looking, sleeping Hermione sprawled out on the couch. Draco sighed and moved the book off of her, making sure to mark which page she had left on before closing it. He then put one arm underneath her legs and one underneath her arms and picked her up bridal style, carrying her into the room they shared. Draco laid her on the bed before climbing in on the other side.

He shut his eyes and right as he was about to fall asleep he felt Hermione move closer and soon enough their legs were tangled together with her head laying on his chest. Draco's breathing hitched for a second before slowly starting back up again. He actually didn't mind the embrace so he shut his eyes again and fell asleep, but not before lazily resting his arm across Hermione's torso, pulling her in closer.