4. I'm smart. fuck you.

HEY GUYS.

IM DYING OVER THE VIRUSHKA AD WTFFF❤❤❤

I'd really appreciate all your votes and comments. Reaally wanna know What you all are thinking about this story.

ANUSHKA

I tried to look away again but I just couldn't help it. His sleeves were rolled up, the suit he had worn in the morning still foggy in my brain, he was just in his white shirt and black tie for now, his coat hung behind his chair as he rolled up his sleeves and furiously typed on the laptop.

"You have to read all these files and all you're doing is gawk at the boss." The frail woman's voice rang in my ears as she accused me. She was right but I wouldn't ever let her dominate me the way she was thinking she could. She wasn't my boss.

"Mind your own business." I snapped. She raised her eyes at me, scowling.

"Excuse me? You're under my guidance. You can't talk to me that way." Nazia said making me chuckle. She was funny. I wasn't even under my father's guidance, let alone her.

"Spare me the lecture, Nazia. I'll go get some water." I stood up and walked towards the small room joined with the office. It had a fridge and some utensils. I poured myself a glass of water and came back inside Nazia's office.

She smirked at me.

"The boss is calling you." She informed. She must have told him that I talked to her in a rude manner. It reminded me of when I was little and the class monitor would tell the teacher I was talking.

"Why?"

"Ask him."

I sighed and walked towards Virat's office. Okay. Here we go.

"Yes, Virat?" He threw a glance at me, motioning me to enter and then went back to his work.

"I'll appreciate if you call me Sir." He said looking down upon the laptop.

"I like calling you Virat." I stated my opinion. I wasn't temporary here and I had been introduced to Virat before he became my kinda boss. Besides, I hated being formal with people.

Maybe I could try though? I was being unprofessional. Wasn't I?

"Did you read the files I sent you?" He questioned, typing again.

Ofcourse.

"I-umm Did Nazia complain to you?" I asked him in return.

"Answer my question." He snapped a little and I frowned.

"Look, I-" I tried to tell him that I did but he interrupted me again.

"What was in those files, Anushka?" Before he could interrupt me again, I started to speak without any intervals.

"Well, it was about the merger between you and Mr Khurana. You were ready to merge with him and all the preparations were done but you realised that all Khurana wanted was to gain 51 percent power of the company and you broke the contract off. It caused you loss of millions but you made up for that in just six months by launching your new project."

Virat seemed mildly impressed as I gathered my breath. Fuck Nazia. All I wanted was to avoid him because I didn't want to drool over how hot he looked in front of him. But The bitch had the nerve to do exactly that to me.

"So you did read the files." Virat stated. I nodded looking at anything but him.

"I told you I'm smart. I was skimming when she accused me of gawking at you."

It escaped my mouth even before I could control it. He chuckled.

"And were you?" He shot back. This time, I chuckled.

"I'll go back and read the other files,"

That is how I excused myself and as I left the office, I could actually feel my heart beating loud and fast.

Oh man, I really needed to do something about this stupid crush of mine.

When I reached home to finally have sometime to myself, to nap or sleep or do anything other than looking at those lame files, I heard a voice that annoyed me to no ends.

"Hey honey, how was your internship?" My step mother asked, her cheeks must have been hurting for smiling so damn hard. It got on my nerves already.

The last time she had been this happy was the day my father gifted my Mercedes Benz to her. On my birthday. Just to apologise for a stupid comment he had made.

She wasn't a bad person but I always saw her as someone in the place of my birth mother, who wasn't really a good role model either. She was a crack whore but she was my mother.

"What's gotten you so cheerful?" I asked in return. My voice flat.

"Oh nothing, your father just told me he's taking me to Hawaii for vacation. Can you imagine?" She squealed.

"Taking You?" I interrogated.

"Yeah, he said we needed a couple getaway together."

Ofcourse. Why would I think he would give a fuck about me! Gautam always told me my father cared alot about me but I never saw it on my own.

"Where's dad?"

"In his study. Why?" She shot back. I chuckled dryly.

"You keep asking me questions as if I'm going to answer them."

With that, I marched towards dad's study. As I entered his office without even knocking on the door, he closed the laptop and diverted his attention towards me.

"So your wife just told me you're going to Hawaii?"

"And?" He shot back as if I was asking something dumb.

"Seriously? What about me?" I exclaimed. He sighed.

"What are you gonna do with us on a couple getaway honey, I thought you'd much rather be with your friends here." His phone vibrated after his response and he checked it, then looked back at me.

"So the thought of spending the summer with your daughter never crossed your mind?" I questioned in return. A soft look crossed his face but his phone vibrated again.

"Atleast have the decency to answer me, dad."

I looked at him expectantly. He glanced at me sadly.

"Anushka, don't do this. I don't have the time."

"You never do. And you never did."

I could cry, I really could but instead I chose to go out and party all night.

I wouldn't cry for someone who couldn't even have time for me