46. Gender?

-Brenda's point of view

"Hi baby, come in!" My mom motioned.

Jackie, Crystal, Arely, Hayes, Matthew, and I walked into the house. We quickly greeted our family members, and sat outside in the backyard.

"What are we eating?" I asked my dad.

"Carne asada." He answered. (Grilled beef.)

I nodded in happiness, and grabbed my own plate. After finishing my food, I stood up and grabbed everyone's attention.

"Excuse me!" I yelled.

Everyone turned to look at me.

"There's some very important news I would like to share." I smiled.

"Well, What is it?" My mom asked.

"I'm pregnant!" I announced.

"You're what?" My Dad asked.

"I'm pregnant." I mumbled slowly.

"How?" Fred asked.

"Well, Jackie and I-"

"No! We don't need to know that!" He scolded.

"You're the one that asked." I shrugged.

"Momma? What do you think?" I asked the silent woman.

"I can't believe it." She cried. "I'm finally having a grandchild that I thought you were never going to give me."

"Oh c'mon! Why does everyone get surprised when I announce something like this? Everyone was surprised when I got engaged, and now everyone is surprised that I'm pregnant?" I rolled my eyes.

"Dude, do you not remember how independent you were as a kid? You always said that you wouldn't get married or have kids." Crystal chuckled.

"Yeah, you even got into an argument with our Aunt because you said that you didn't need a man." My sister nodded.

"But she found me so those claims are not coming true." Jackie shrugged.

"And I'm glad I did." I smile at him.

*a couple of months later*

-Jackie's point of view

"Are you ready?" I asked Brandon.

"Yeah, hold on." She said while looking for her phone.

We both got into the car, and drove to the clinic. Today we have a monthly check up, and we're also finding out the baby's gender.

Once we got to the clinic, we signed in and waited for the doctor to call us.

"Brenda Johnson!" A nurse called.

I helped her up, and we both walked into the room.

"Hey, How are you guys?" Dr.Newman greeted.

"We're doing good, and you?"

"Good as well, thank you for asking. Please lie down and lift up your shirt." She instructed.

Brandon did as told, and waited patiently.

"The gel is going to be a little cold." The doctor warned.

Brandon nodded, and proceeded to raise up her shirt. Once Dr.Newman placed the gel on her stomach, she got the weird machine thing and rubbed it against her stomach.

"This is the baby's head." Dr. Newman motioned to a weird looking circle.

"The heartbeats sound very healthy."